james_collins
TheAdvancedLemon

Sexual predators will do it anyways, Regardless of how legal it is

james_collins

Con

1) I don't think people entirely understand what it means to be transgender. Transgenderism is rooted deep in the brain. Transgender people are psychologically that gender. The only thing that's saying otherwise is their genitalia. There is a difference between that and someone just deciding "Hey I'm gonna dress like a woman today let's see what happens. "

2) Saying that transgender people use the opposite bathroom from the sex they were born with is as preposterous as saying that all Muslims come over to America specifically to bomb us, Or that all Mexicans come over to America with the sole purpose of selling us drugs.

3) There are a lot of people who are saying that sexual predators will abuse those laws and go into the opposite bathroom. First of all, Transgender bathroom laws are not allowing sexual predators to come into whatever bathroom they choose. That is not what the laws say. And sexual predators will still go into the opposite bathroom regardless of how "legal" it is.

4) If someone looks the part, The only real way anyone's going to know if someone is transgender or not is by checking their genitalia, Which is very illegal.
TheAdvancedLemon

Pro

Heads up I just wanna first say that I have nothing against transgender people and that I think they have complex issues that society and doctors do not yet know how to deal with.

I just want to address that there is still very much debate in the scientific community as to whether trans gendered people are in fact the gender they claim to be. With the obvious issue with this argument being someone is not something just because they say they are. If I turned around said I am black and I am actually white then according to you we should just take that at face value obviously there is a problem with that logic.

And I also want to say the logic of just because someone will do something even though it is illegal makes no sense. People will still murder even if its illegal, But that does not mean we should not enforce it regardless of whether they will continue to do it or not. I personally think that while most if not almost all transgender people would be fine in the bathroom of the opposite gender it does not matter as most people especially females would still feel uncomfortable with transgender people in the opposite genders bathroom.

I am not fully sure about what you are arguing for but I assume you are arguing for something along the lines of we should allow transgender people into the bathroom of the gender they identify as. I think that if the transgender person passes as the gender that they identify as they should be allowed in the bathrooms as they would not make people feel uncomfortable but if they don't then they should be forced to leave.

I really am unsure about what you are arguing for but I do think blindly allowing anyone who calls themselves a transgender into any bathroom they choose will result in an increase in sexual assaults and a general uncomfortable aspect for most people in public restrooms.
james_collins

Con

james_collins forfeited this round.
TheAdvancedLemon

Pro

You forfeited this round I thought you were going to adamantly debate me but I guess I was wrong rip.
james_collins

Con

james_collins forfeited this round.
TheAdvancedLemon

Pro

TheAdvancedLemon forfeited this round.