Anonymous
A341

Short Story Competition

A341 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Pro

Okay. Welcome to this debate. This time we will have a short story competition.

You have 3 days to write a story, with a maximum of 10000 characters.

We will each need to write 4 short stories (Round 1 is just acceptance).

Your story will be judged based on grammar and spelling, interesting plot, humor, and easiness to understand.

No copying short stories from other debate.org members or form real authors (e.g. William Faulkner, Nathaniel Hawthorne)

Let's go!
A341

Con

Pro

It was an autumn afternoon at around 4 PM, and people were gathering in a city square for a Halloween celebration. People came dressed in all sorts of costumes, including Disney costumes, Shakespearean costumes, cop costumes, and Western themed.

One boy named Sam arrived in a cowboy costume. He wore a button down shirt, a cowboy hat, blue jeans, and cowboy boots. To top it off, he put on a bandana and carried a pistol. He wandered around, as lonely as a cloud, waiting for people to arrive.

As the minutes passed, more people arrived. One of the attendees was a couple named Grant and Natalie. Grant came dressed as a clown, and Natalie came in Moana attire. They greeted the people they know, and began having snacks. Grant was helping himself to some apple cider and spring rolls.

After eating like a glutton, Grant asked "Babe, would you like to dance with me?"

Natalie replied, wiping her mouth free of cocktail sauce, "of course, my man. Just follow me into the dance area."

As they progressed towards the dance center where multiple other couples were dancing, as well as a few little kids running around playing tag, a chubby African-American said, "Welcome to the contest. We are going to have a dance contest. The best couple will win a big bag of chocolate. Wanna participate?"

Grant, looking around with a hint of anxiety, said, "Sure. We'd like to." Then when the jazz band began playing, the couple linked arms and made their way to the outdoors dance floor. As they were doing the Tasmanian, Sam looked with anger. "How, god me, how, could that demon just steal my crush?" Sam wondered in anger. Determined to steal Natalie from Grant, Sam hid behind the bushes.

As they were taking a break half an hour or so later, Grant walked around thirstily, looking for a drink, and out of nowhere Sam jumped out of the bush and asked Grant, "I heard you are a wine connoisseur. Would you like to taste the best French Sauvignon Blanc around town?"

Grant, in doubt, retorted, "Sam, what wine? How do you know?"

"Well, I heard they say it was the best. Just try it. I want YOUR genuine opinion. Alright?"

Grant trembled, "How do I know you are not lying."

Confronted, Sam quickly snapped and said, "Grant. Did you know that Ezra also claims to be a professional wine taste-tester? He's tried sauvignon blanc, and he gave his opinion. You don't want an amateur to be better than you, right?"

Blushing and giggling, Grant said, "Okay, Sam boy. Show me where the wine is."

Sam followed, pulling Grant along. They walked past an aisle of saxophone players, and then after some considerable period of time, the two ended up in an underground tavern. "Okay, here it is. Have a bottle of the sauvignon blanc. Right after you finish it, I expect your opinion and justification. Remember, Ezra wants to destroy you and be the best wine taste-tester."

Nervously holding a bottle of French wine, Grant chugged it down. "Wait, this isn't sauvignon blanc. This is just ordinary..." Grant collapsed sweating and trembling as if he just experienced a severe seizure, Sam drew out his pistol and shot Grant in the heart once and in the brain twice. Grant said, "Natalie, remember me...."

Sam immediately put on Grant's costume and came out of the tavern, and made his way towards Natalie, eager to kiss her on the lips.