ChaelD
11edwarj

Should Americans be able to adopt Russian Children?

11edwarj has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

ChaelD

Pro

Should American foster parents be able to adopt children from Russia? I think that they should, because more often than not, a parent is adopting out of LOVE. You don't pay $35,000 to raise a foreign child who doesn't even speak English if you don't love them. So why should we be able to adopt from China but not Russia? Please hit me with some opposing viewpoints; I'd love to see how others think!
11edwarj

Con

No because Russians are an enemy to the west
ChaelD

Pro

Should we hold Russian children accountable for the actions of their government? I thought that the age of stigma based on race was over, but the fact that Americans are unable to adopt young Russian children shows otherwise. If anything, adopting a child from Russia gives America another citizen and takes away one from our so-called "enemy".