DaynaDebating808
gzitman

Should Athiests be able to argue with a Christian that there is no God?

DaynaDebating808

Con

No, Atheist's should not be able to say there is no god to a christian just as we are not able to say that you can't not believe in anything it is simply unreasonable. Christians don't go around forcing you to believe in god but are encouraging you to, Unlike athiests who think that everytime a scientist say's there is no god we should all believe them yes there was a time in ny life where i was doubtful but times have changed.
gzitman

Pro

Is it reasonable to believe in something (God) without evidence or reason? No. Likewise, It IS reasonable to believe that something doesn't exist in the absence of evidence. If I told you that you are really an alien from another dimension, What would your response be? On the issue of God, The burden of proof is on the person who makes the outrageous claim, If you can't justify your believe rationally, I don't need to disprove it. Also, Atheists don't force anyone to believe there is no God, And I've never heard a scientist say that God doesn't exist, Most would be agnostic to the idea.
DaynaDebating808

Con

Yes Scientists don't say that there is no god, But they do all they can to prove a Christian wrong. For example the Paleolithic and Neolithic Ages they started to study "The Early Humans" To prove that there were early humans (Which they knew would prove the story of Adam and Eve wrong). But if being Rational about it there is no physical evidence to prove it but again if Christians can't say that you can't not believe in anything then Atheists cannot say that there is no god. Actually you do not need physical evidence to be rational as you don't need literal evidence to be Rational. In my Opinion I believe in god, Now that is not the reason that I created this debate because there are so many about this topic that I thought this debate will just top and summarize the rest.
gzitman

Pro

I see what your point is, You'r saying that atheists shouldn't argue that God does not exist because there's no definite proof that he doesn't exist. I'll concede your point on that, But at the same time I don't think religious people should argue that God exist because there's no proof for that either.
DaynaDebating808

Con

DaynaDebating808 forfeited this round.
gzitman

Pro

gzitman forfeited this round.
DaynaDebating808

Con

DaynaDebating808 forfeited this round.
gzitman

Pro

gzitman forfeited this round.
DaynaDebating808

Con

DaynaDebating808 forfeited this round.
gzitman

Pro

gzitman forfeited this round.
Posted by ganky6 3 years ago
ganky6
Atheism isnt the claim there is no god. Atheism is the lack of believe because of a lack of evidence in the theistic claim "there is a god". Saying I don't believe the claim, Does not mean "there is no god". That is a common mistake made be religious people
Posted by missmedic 3 years ago
missmedic
if you believe that you came to the wrong place