SoMeOnE_wHo_CaReS
SavagePancakez

Should Bit Coins be a way to pay!

SoMeOnE_wHo_CaReS has forfeited round #3.
Started: 2/28/2018 Category: Economics
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

SoMeOnE_wHo_CaReS

Pro

I don't have anything to say I just want to know what you say
SavagePancakez

Con

Bitcoin should not be a way to pay, the price is always fluctuating so it would not be a stable currency. But technically speaking you can exchange bitcoin for money so it is already a way to pay. Currency is supposed to be stable if one day the penny became worth a hundred dollars that would destroy the economy.
SoMeOnE_wHo_CaReS

Pro

okay, I can see how bitcoin should not be a way to pay but that whole statement saying something like "Penny's being $100" would it even be called a penny then but I don't see economy coming to that not at all. (also IT wont happen)
SavagePancakez

Con

It was theoretical, money is worth more and less over time that's why exchange rates change, please try to argue and not just ask a question, if you want to just post it in the polls.
Posted by KamikazeKennedyJr 3 years ago
KamikazeKennedyJr
As somebody who has studied accounting I dont think it should be used to pay. It's too volatile to be considered a cash equivalent asset. It could be considered an intangible however, maybe even an investment if your company is in to buying lots of bitcoins and then selling them for a fee. But thats it. It should not be used to pay unless you both think you are getting a fair exchange, i would not recommend it for the person receiving the money but hey it's a free market and Bitcoin is technically a gamble so good luck!
Posted by ButterEater 3 years ago
ButterEater
"if one day the penny became worth a hundred dollars that would destroy the economy." - That ain't how economics work boi