Razzie082505
RevelationEm

Should Down syndrome Kids be treated the same way in school?

Razzie082505 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Razzie082505

Pro

Should Down Syndrome kids be treated the same in school?
I say yes, even though the Down Syndrome kids are slow they get away with way to much. If a regular person has a bad day they have to suck it up. But if a Down Syndrome kid has a bad day he is liable to take it out on others, and since they are slow they get away with it with no consequences. They also get special treatment and get to walk all over teachers and again I know they are slow but it makes no difference. These teacher argue with these kids, usually if a regular kid did that they would get sent to the office. Lets talk about buses, if a kid decides to get up and walk into the aisle while the bus is moving they would get called out and probably suspended. What do you think.??
RevelationEm

Con

I see what you are going at for the most part, but I see a major flaw in your argument. You said that the kids are 'slow'. Well, I could turn that argument back on you and say that that is exactly why they should be treated differently. Children with down syndrome contrary to popular belief, are not always happy. They feel emotions just like you and me. Anger, Excitement, Happiness. It's all there. The only difference is they sometimes may not understand how to properly communicate their emotions. They may be angry at something and take it out on a teacher because they don't know how to communicate in any other way.
That is my first point as to why down syndrome kids should not be treated the same. Because, they need to be treated different