Attention: Debate.org is closing and the website will be shut down on June 5, 2022. New Topics can no longer be posted and Sign Up has been disabled. Existing Topics will still function as usual until the website is taken offline. Members can download their content by using the Download Data button in My Account.
these_republicans
killshot

Should Girls be Allowed to Join the Boy Scouts?

these_republicans

Con

I will be generous and let the opposing favor go before me. Good luck!
killshot

Pro

Are you serious? Is this an actual debate? Lol. . .

It's called BOY scouts. . Right there in the name. . Girls have one called GIRL scouts. . They sell cookies and everything.
these_republicans

Con

Well you know, It's a good political debate and i'm a proud Boy Scout myself, But i'm with you no girl scouts exist for a reason.
killshot

Pro

I mean they could be consolidated into a "kidscouts" haha. . But right now girls have one and boys have one. . I would argue there is no sense in combining them. Teen pregnancy is already at an all time high, We shouldn't add fuel to the fire lol.

It's kinda gender specific. . Gender is implied in the name. I have seen this issue pop up in the LGBT community where gender fluids want to join one with their "fluid gender" and not their biological sex.
these_republicans

Con

I agree because you know how teens are now-there is going to be a sexual charge against one of the scouts eventually. But if I am forced to get a new uniform that says "Gender Neutral Scouts" or "Kid Scouts" you can bet i'm keeping my class A with the label BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA on it.
killshot

Pro

Hahahaha!

Right on! I'm all for equality but this is just rediculous. . Especially when there are already organizations for both sexes. .
these_republicans

Con

I know i'm waiting for the Girl Scouts to sue 'Scouts' until they understand NO. Or if they don't, Maybe they'll go bankrupt. This is absolute propaganda.
killshot

Pro

Agreed. . Some of these movements are just crazy. .
Posted by politicsfortherun 3 years ago
politicsfortherun
I agree completely. You have Boy Scouts for boys, Girl Scouts for girls. But true, There are gonna be people who want them to be neutral. Then other ones that will cal the separate groups sexist. Lol
Posted by killshot 3 years ago
killshot
haha :)
Posted by Kvng_8 3 years ago
Kvng_8
"Teen pregnancy is already at an all time high, We shouldn't add fuel to the fire lol. " Lmao that was hilarious. Good debate guys!
Posted by these_republicans 3 years ago
these_republicans
@K_Michael_Tolman Yeah that's accurate but if they don't expect anything to go wrong they're on something.
Posted by K_Michael_Tolman 3 years ago
K_Michael_Tolman
Apparently, Changing the name to Scouts BSA works fine to eliminate that.
What? ! BSA still stands for BOY Scouts of America. It's really dumb.