Libtard
TPPDJT

Should Healthcare be FREE In America??

Libtard has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Libtard

Pro

When asked this, my answer is "absolutely."

I believe that healthcare, FULL healthcare should be something granted to an individual AT BIRTH. Think about it. There would be no more worries about healthcare. People would stop dying at the government's hand when rejected the proper care needed. Money wouldn't be wasted on unwanted and unnecessary testing. BAD LUCK, such as a mass shooting or a preexisting condition, wouldn't wipe your savings and leave you in debt the rest of your life. Yes, this brings the whole new wave for junkies, but let's tackle this one problem at a time. From the liberal point of view, healthcare is a right granted to you at birth. If you're born with a condition causing you to grow a third arm, you want your government behind your back, not tossing you out on the street.

Some say that it causes inconvenience. For instance, people have reported stories of playing patient in Canada and showing how long they had to wait.

My response? "Tough it up. Wait it out." Just remember: It's all free. "I had to wait EIGHT HOURS!!!" Yeah, but you didn't pay a cent. You will be gotten to, just wait your turn like literally everyone else. First come, first served; but that's no excuse to throw yourself in front of the bus.

Also, this will eliminate competition between hospitals, resulting in EVERYONE getting the same quality of care.

Some say there is no money for this. Me, I would GLADLY increase my taxes to know that I would be helping people who can't help themselves. Also, we have a 59% federal military budget to chip away, so we can start with that if we need to open the old piggy bank.

So, that's my argument.
TPPDJT

Con

Only having an hour for a response is a hindrance, but I will endeavour to do my best.

I believe that health care, FULL health care should be something granted to an individual AT BIRTH. Think about it.

I have thought about it, and I've determined that the Constitution says “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.” I see nothing relating to free or full health care. You may attempt to argue that health care is a part of life, but to this I say is food a part of this? Should food be free. If this is the case, why isn't everything related to continued human existence free?

People would stop dying at the government's hand when rejected the proper care needed.

It is true that a few people die from lack of health coverage. The latest figure I could find (from Harvard) is that 45,000 people died in 2009 from lack of health care. This is very unfortunate, but I don't think the government is responsible for any of these deaths. You literally just have to apply for it, something the Obama Admin. preached for 8 years.

Yes, this brings the whole new wave for junkies, but let's tackle this one problem at a time.

Ok, I'll ignore the self-admitted flaw in your own argument.

From the liberal point of view, health care is a right granted to you at birth.

An interesting view for sure.

Yes, even Canadians admit their pseudo-socialized medicine in Canada is highly inefficient. Waiting times are extremely long in Canada. Canada fails to provide timely access to health care services, this is an undeniable fact.

My response? "Tough it up. Wait it out."...

So, you'd be willing to risk your life potentially just to save some money? I'd much rather pay money for almost immediate treatment rather than potentially kill myself because I wanted free health care. This is an almost ridiculous viewpoint. I could come up with something better were I in your shoes.

Yay! Everyone can get inefficient health care! Competition encourages innovation (or so the capitalists will tell you) and thus results in competition to provide the best quality service. In a society with no competition, the incentive to produce a high quality product is extremely limited.

59% Lie

Only 16% of the US budget is spent on defense. This is quite clear if you do the most basic amount of research.

I would have liked to write more, but your limiting of the characters prevents this. Universal health care is a noble goal, but an impractical one given the circumstances the US finds itself in. Perhaps in the future this debate will be more than a liberal fantasy.
Posted by TPPDJT 3 years ago
TPPDJT
... But there's no piggy bank to open. The US National Debt currently stands at around 21 trillion dollars, so I'm interested in knowing where this "piggy bank" of yours is.