MasterMewtwo
NDECD1441

Should I get a child?

MasterMewtwo has forfeited round #2.
Started: 5/13/2018 Category: Economics
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

MasterMewtwo

Con

The question of having a child is a pretty big one, though I'm pretty sure I'd be better off without one. Whoever accepts this debate, see if you can prove me wrong, but please follow these rules:

1) The world will not end just because a single person will never get a child.
2) We'll be arguing on average the benefits and disadvantages of having a child. Even if you're happy with yours, it doesn't mean I'd likely benefit the same way.
3) We're talking about having a human child, whether through adoption or birth.
4) It's recommended we source any claims made. Personal experiences don't count, as they can't be proven or may just be an outlier.
5) If you time out, you'll receive an instant loss. You should only say "I accept" or something like that in Round 1. You need at least one debate cleared before you're able to accept.
6) If you refuse to follow these rules, you'll lose the debate.

With that out of the way, let's get into this.
NDECD1441

Pro

I accept! Looking forward to a constructive debate. I need to hone my skills anyway.
Posted by NDECD1441 3 years ago
NDECD1441
Well, forfeits were thrown out the window.
Posted by Arganger 3 years ago
Arganger
I would be worried about someone having a child, that is concerned about how beneficial it is to them. Parenting is about letting some of your wants or even needs for the sake of the child.
Posted by asta 3 years ago
asta
I don't care as long as you don't kill the child. If you don't want the kid, then set the kid up for adoption.
Posted by MasterMewtwo 3 years ago
MasterMewtwo
@PushHarper It probably needs to be in post voting for it to really be completed.
@DebatingHorse I'm male.

I'm also referring to in general if it's beneficial to have a child. Not exactly me specifically. If I were to make another of this debate, I'm not sure what a more general resolution would be.
Posted by jpguzman1 3 years ago
jpguzman1
Have a child when you are mature enough to have one. By this I mean have it once you have a mature relationship, recognize that a child costs money and that you'll stop thinking/working for yourself. See, I think your question is flawed. Only you would know more than anyone else if you are prepared to have one.
Posted by Debating_Horse 3 years ago
Debating_Horse
Are you female?
Posted by unknown777 3 years ago
unknown777
Depends bro, if you got partner then have a child.
Posted by ecksdee123 3 years ago
ecksdee123
I'm confused, is this debate about whether you should get a child specifically? Or just in general
Posted by PushHarper 3 years ago
PushHarper
I have one that is in the voting stage is that enough
Posted by MasterMewtwo 3 years ago
MasterMewtwo
Yes. That way, I'm making sure the person who accepts likes completing debates rather than being on the site for 30 minutes then never again.