mmuir19086
Eclyptic

Should Teen Porn be Legal?

mmuir19086 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

mmuir19086

Con

I am currently doing some research into teen porn and if it should remain legal for people to participate in pornography when under the age of 21

Although i see no issues with younger adults/teenagers viewing pornography, There is a huge impact both socially and personally to those consuming teen porn.

Not only is it enforcing the view, That young girls and boys are viewed as sexual objects when they are of legal school age ( for countries that remain in education until they are 18 now ) i think it is also a gateway porn for child pornography. A simple google search brings up images and videos where the content is clearly implied to be children.

I truly believe that by making teen porn illegal and raising the age of participants from 18 to 21, Would solve a lot of issues within the porn industry, Aswell as societies views to "idealistic" appearence for people.

The only people who should be viewing naked teenagers is other teenagers, Noone should be viewing the content where the participants appear to be younger. There will still be plenty of options within a young adult category that men and women can ogle over, If they so choose. . With out running the risk of accidentally viewing undesirable content!

As an avid user of pornography, It is not the industry as a whole that i am against, It of course has its issues, But i feel like in raising this issue i have found, People can educate themselves on the dangers of "teen porn" and hopefully avoid it, In future.

So far I struggle to see in negative in making this a movement and maybe even getting the law changed, But im always happy to be proven wrong and enter clever debates :)
Eclyptic

Pro

Ah, Congratulations, You have successfully made the most awkward debate topic I've ever seen. Thank you for setting this debate up and it will be a pleasure to debate you on this unusual topic.

"gateway porn for child pornography" -mmuir19086
Okay, I see fault in your logic. Just because teen porn exists that doesn't necessarily mean that child porn would start to get more popular. I mean I guess it would bring more child content in your porn searches, But aren't there millions of alphabet workers that can remove it from google searches?

"when under the age of 21"- mmuir19086
When you are 18 you are an adult you can do anything you want. It's their right to work in the pornography industry if that is what they aspire to do.

"legal school age (18)"- mmuir19086
Like I said before they are adults and can do anything that an adult can do (including participating in pornography)

"The only people who should be viewing naked teenagers is other teenagers"- mmuir19086
For that I would have to disagree, Unless both teenagers are 18 (the age of consent) I believe that all teenagers should not participate in sexual activity with another person unless they are 18. When younger than 18 you are still deemed as a minor by the government. Like I said before age of consent if 18 thus they should not engage in any sexual activity.

"Noone should be viewing the content where the participants appear to be younger. "- mmuir19086
by this do you mean younger than the pornography watcher, Or younger than the age of consent?

"dangers of "teen porn"-mmuir19086
As I said before as long as the teenager is above the age of consent, It shouldn't be a problem.

You had many valid arguments, And it was a pleasure to rebute them. Hope you find pleasure in rebuting my arguments.

Take care
-Eclyptic
Posted by steveja 1 month ago
steveja
We have a concept of "age of consent". If we judge that porn (engement/participation, Not viewing) is acceptable for a 21yo, And generally objectionable for a 14yo, Then we have a classical "slippery slope" problem. The typical resolution to a slippery-slope issue is to recognize that biological age is not a good measure of competence to knowledgeably consent. Certainly some 13yo are very intelligent, Competent and knowledgeable, And many 21yos are not.

Despite this nuance, We commercially NEED a clear-cut rule as to who can create a valid contract, And who cannot. If we want to create a new system where the young have to gain a parental approval or pass a test to be able to form binding contracts - I find that concept plausible. Our historic system of giving contract rights to adults (>=18yo), I can see how that was a reasonable system for a less nuncesd society.

WRT "porn" - I don't care about the type of contract involved. If we collectively want to restrict the access-to or production-of certain products (like porn) we have the means already. Restricting the ability of a group of cohernnt knowledgeable adults to form lawful contracts is a very bad idea.
Posted by Leaning 1 month ago
Leaning
I suppose porn is often viewed as a dishonorable profession.
Often people aren't bothered by their wife or husband being a massage therapist and giving massages. But 'might be bothered by their wife or husband being a porn actor.
Depends on how 'swinging a society is, Or what value they place on marriage 'maybe.

A 'problem with porn, Is/may be a 'very victimizing industry.
Other industries can have this problem as well.
But where individuals use their position to abuse and take advantage of workers in the industry.

. . .

Still, I don't see religion as to blame for people appreciating chastity.
And even if the concept of chastity is abandoned,
Can't 'any value?
Rambling to myself again about nihilism.