Jai_G
YeshuaBought

Should Teenager be allowed to vote

Con Tied Pro
Reasons for your voting decision - Required
The Voting Period Ends In
Updated: 11 minutes ago Status: Voting Period

Jai_G

Con

No they shouldn't. Kids have enough stress with school already, Why must they figure out what benifits them and vote for a pm. Most people hate politics, So why bother with them. Espeially for teens.
YeshuaBought

Pro

The reason i say yes is because teens can work and pay taxes as young as 15, And I don't think it is correct to pay taxes to a government that denies one the right to vote. Also, Many issues affect children, And I believe the First Amendment rights to free speech and redress of grievances do not only apply to adults. No one is saying younger people should vote, But 15 or 16 is reasonable enough. For the record, I am 37, But I am also a children's rights supporter. I believe children have rights, And if they are citizen's old enough to work and pay taxes, They have the right to vote. I see taxation without representation as a form of slavery. We are supposed to be the land of the free, Not the home of the enslaved. Peace.
Jai_G

Con

What happens if a teen doesn't vote will they get fined? Is it fair if they don't want to vote in the first place. No. As a teenager I hate the idea that the fututre prime minister is impacted by our generation. Kids and Teens want to enjoy our remaining years of being a child and not an adult stress free. Why should we have to start our adulthood earlier because someone cares about our descision. To be honest we don't even care wh our primeminister is. We just want to chill and have a stress free life, Before, Adulthood.
YeshuaBought

Pro

My rebuttal: Voting is not mandatory in America. People have the right to choose how they vote or not according to the Voting Rights Act, And for minorities, The Klux Klux Klan Act which granted the vote to racial and other minorities. I want you to do some research on this, Or I can for you, Just say the word. If I can choose my religion when I was 15, Why should I not have been able to vote. Aslo noted: "What if teens don't vote, Will they be fined? " is like asking whether adults will be fined if they don't vote. I have twice rebutted you on this. I want to also add that 15 and 18 are not that far apart.
Jai_G

Con

Im talking about in Australia, Where voting is cumpalsry. Its not fair when we as teenagers have school to deal with along with studying and preparing for VCE. We ahve too much to work on and it is very stressful. Its not fair that on top of all this stress of studying, We have to vote for something we don't even care about. Also three years is alot. In three years a baby can go to babbling to near fluent speaking, In three 3 years your dream home could be built 3 times or more. In three years someone could go from being completely healthy to dying of cancer. In 3 years earth could be war torn and nearly extinct. Think about 3 years of your life, You could do so much.
YeshuaBought

Pro

YeshuaBought forfeited this round.