gsbethany
melcharaz

Should The US Outlaw Abortion Entirely?

gsbethany

Con

No, We should not. A woman could have been raped and now be unable to get an abortion, Or she could be a teenager. Sometimes birth control fails, Too. Not being able to get a safe abortion could risk the life of a sixteen year old. Do we really want that? I sure hope not.
melcharaz

Pro

Ill accept this opportunity to give information and valid facts that show how abortion is indeed more of a harm to society than help. I will not be arguing women's rights, I will not be arguing anything regarding freedom of religion. I will simply give evidence as to its harm and help.

I will start by listing these that apply to this.

Moral/ethics

Break down/degeneracy of society/social norms

Emotional/physical trauma

and in general, What the impact of continued abortions will do to not only society, Morality and individual experiences, But also what its impact will be in a greater scale. . . Humanity as we know it.

gsbethany

Con

gsbethany forfeited this round.
melcharaz

Pro

I believe this to be an important debate if you would chose to at least state why you see that abortions should continue. If not, I will simply leave my links over the next or last round of debate.
gsbethany

Con

gsbethany forfeited this round.
melcharaz

Pro

melcharaz forfeited this round.
gsbethany

Con

gsbethany forfeited this round.
melcharaz

Pro

https:(slash, Slash)www. Csus. Edu(slash)indiv(slash)g(slash)gaskilld(slash)ethics(Slash)abortion. Htm
when do human beings begin? Dianne N Irving Princeton. Edu. A zygote is the beginning of a new human being (i. E. , An embryo)
https:(slash, Slash)www. Nap. Edu(slash)read(slash)4903/chapter(slash)5(hastag)53

focus on the family abortion complications

cdc. Gov reproductive health data

who. Int unsafe abortions
Posted by melcharaz 3 years ago
melcharaz
If you wish to debate objective and subjective morality i would glady debate you and show you more of the nature of God. How that objective morality is enough because HE understands our intents and thoughts God knows our situations and hurts and troubles and how we feel about it. Therefore, To argue subjective circumstances or even subjective understanding of observations does not negate or nullify the power that God has in an established objective morality and reality.

you do understand that to have an objective morality, That there must be omnipotence and omnipresence?
Posted by melcharaz 3 years ago
melcharaz
as vivec has said.
Certitude is for the puzzle-box logicians and girls of white glamour who harbor it on their own time. I am a letter written in uncertainty.
Posted by WrickItRalph 3 years ago
WrickItRalph
The rape issue is a grey area for me. I think our current legal system makes it impossible to handle this situation well we need better research into the possible harm of making a rape victim go through child birth causes. If this can be proven to be traumatic, Then abortion may be warranted in this case.
Posted by WrickItRalph 3 years ago
WrickItRalph
This is the problem with making any moral value an absolute. Moral Particularism is better in the sense because each value is situational.
Posted by WrickItRalph 3 years ago
WrickItRalph
If we were to accept the moral implications of the matter, Then con would win by default. There is proof of situations where the mother has to choose whether or not to abort their baby in order to live, Furthermore, There are situations where the mother has to abort the baby to live and the baby would die either way. If we're to accept the moral implications of this, We'd have to allow exceptions for at least these cases.
Posted by melcharaz 3 years ago
melcharaz
I agree there is a problem with teenagers and others being raped and forced to care for a child they didn't even want should they refuse to go through abortion. But abortion is not the way!

Even the bible shows evidence of what a man should do if they raped someone. They would make the man to marry the woman to support her the rest of her life.

I would suggest something a little different, All women who were raped and found with child shall immediately recieve child support payments from the person who did it, If the person cannot be verified, They would recieve wages from the government to help pay for them and reduced taxes.

Is this possible? Maybe! Might have to talk to local congressman to find out if they are working on such a bill.