Jake26
Sinque

Should a Food Waste Rating Scheme similar to that of the Food Hygiene Rating Scheme be introduced?

Jake26 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Jake26

Pro

I am working towards a qualification in Food Waste, and something that I thought of in my research stage is a Food Waste Rating Scheme, as I was auditing a range of different businesses. I would like some conflicting viewpoints on this, and this would be the prefect forum for that.
Sinque

Con

I would be delighted to give some conflicting viewpoints.

Unless I am understanding correctly, you are thinking of this food waste rating plan and you want to know issues it might contain so you can solve them and/or keep them in mind. The food waste rating plan informs buyers how much food wastage a certain restaurant has.

If that is correct, what I plan to do here is show as many roadblocks/problems as I can.

Here are a few potential/possibly a problem(s):
-Money for inspection officer.
-There is around 75,000 to 80,000 restaurants in the UK.
-About 45% of food wastage is in food preparation, 34% is customers, and 21% is spoilage. (According to wrap.org.uk) 34% of food wastage would not prevented by the plan. 21% would be difficult to prevent.

I will give a few more points after I know if this is what you want.