SHARINGISCARINGg
32doni32nido32

Should abortion be legal?

32doni32nido32

SHARINGISCARINGg

Con

I have been thinking about this topic for a long time, and I have finally come up with a standpoint. I will be taking the pro-life side. My opponent will take the pro-choice side.
32doni32nido32

Pro

Abortion should be legal however I'm not completely pro-choice.

When a mother has a possibility of dying because of having a baby, I believe she has the right to choose whether or not to abort it. She should decide whether she lives or her potential child lives. Again, I only believe that this is okay when absolutely NECESSARY, not because someone views a child to be an "inconvenience".
SHARINGISCARINGg

Con

I will try not to sound mean when I'm saying this, but if I do, I apologize in advance.

Ok, so you said a mother should have an abortion if she would die otherwise, but both the mother and the baby is a human life. Which one is worse, someone dying from being killed, or someone dying from a natural cause?
32doni32nido32

Pro

You didn't sound mean at all. :)

I never said she SHOULD have an abortion, but said she SHOULD have the CHOICE to have an abortion. They are both human lives and are both equal. She should have the choice which one to protect when either could be ended.

Dying because of someone else is worse; it's the person's fault for ending another's life rather than life's. Life didn't do anything wrong, but rather a human did.
SHARINGISCARINGg

Con

I thought it sounded pretty mean.

If they are both human lives, and they are both equal, then why does it fall on the mother to decide who who should live?

And if dying because of someone else is worse, let me rephrase my question.
Is dying because of someone else intentionally worse, or is dying because of someone else unintentionally worse?
32doni32nido32

Pro

Who else would it fall on? The baby can't make decisions for themselves which is why it lies on the mother to decide. No one else except the mother should decide who's life to save.

Sorry for not understanding your question at first. Dying because of someone else's EVIL intentions would be worse, as they wanted death because they liked the idea of it. The mother who is having the abortion doesn't want the baby to suffer or wants to have an abortion because she loves the idea of her possible child dying (at least I hope she doesn't want either of those things; it would be really weird if she did). If she's having an abortion to get the baby removed, it's because she either doesn't want it and sees it as an inconvenience or she could die if she DOES have it. I don't agree with people getting an abortion because they don't want a baby, however do support it when a life is at stake. The mother should decide who should live and who doesn't. It's not evil as long as she doesn't have an evil desire to get rid of the fetus.
Posted by 32doni32nido32 3 years ago
32doni32nido32
I apologize for not responding sooner. Not sure why I clicked back on this debate but I did. Hooray for Sergio's version of logic and reasoning... -_-

I usually make songs that would be for movie soundtracks. If you really want to, go ahead and go to my Musescore account but that music is pretty bad because I was starting out. But PLEASE FOR THE SAKE OF MY FRAGILE EGO DO NOT GO ONTO MY YOUTUBE...THE MUSIC SUCCKKKKSSSSSS

I'd be happy to hear it. Go ahead and send me the link.
Posted by SHARINGISCARINGg 3 years ago
SHARINGISCARINGg
ME EITHER!!!! I just don't understand "modern fashion," or "modern music." I play trumpet every day, and once you listen to instrumental music, modern music just... Sucks.

And I learned to read by reading. That's pretty much it. And my Bible just has really big words in it, so it's a lot bigger, but I can read it. But when I look at a regular Bible, it just looks like a massive bar code.

You said in those comments that you make music. What kind of music?

I'm in the middle of arranging a song from a very popular game for a small ensamble. Once I'm finished I can send you the link...
Posted by 32doni32nido32 3 years ago
32doni32nido32
His comments are on the second page while mine are likely the most recent. I'll give you the link to it.

http://www.debate.org...

You're dyslexic? You seem to be able to read and write extremely well! Would you mind telling me how you've learned? That would be awesome if you could! :D

Thank goodness he's never called me "teeny bopper". That would be so completely wrong if he did as I follow no trends in music or fashion at all...
Posted by SHARINGISCARINGg 3 years ago
SHARINGISCARINGg
And he keeps saying "edumacation," "gosh golly gosh darned it all," "meow mix," Like seriously, who comes up with this stuff?

I was trying to accept one of his open debates, and it said "you do not match this persons age or rank criteria," And so I thought "wEl iT CAnT bE hIs RaNk CrITeRia bC hE hAsNT wON a SinGLe DeBaTE," so I changed my age to match his, and turns out, he blocked me. So i can't accept his debates. but that won't stop me.

Also im incredibly dyslexic, so whenever i see teeny-bopper, i think "Tenny boopr? Teeny-bopler? woT?"
Posted by 32doni32nido32 3 years ago
32doni32nido32
You said his insults are funny? I find them to be, as he would call, a "teeny bopper"-like insult.

You said many things I would've liked to say, like the "no excuse" policy, that one's intelligence should be a different debate, and that he's trying to say God is evil...but he also doesn't exist...but if he does exist which he apparently doesn't he's evil. And that Jesus isn't God's son because Jesus isn't perfect...but God's pure evil and sadistic...so then wouldn't that make Jesus God's son? It makes no sense!
Posted by 32doni32nido32 3 years ago
32doni32nido32
@SHARINGISCARINGg

He DEFINITELY seems younger than he claims to be, right?! That's why I was saying he likely had no life experience based on the way he speaks and acts; people who have had life crises tend to be much more mature. It's completely possible that he's 52, however he would have had to have no life experience to act in such away at an older age.

Lol I won't tell anyone anything about your age. It's fine. :)
Posted by SHARINGISCARINGg 3 years ago
SHARINGISCARINGg
I kinda lost it in that debate. I need to go calm down. wow.
Posted by SHARINGISCARINGg 3 years ago
SHARINGISCARINGg
I just realized that you brought up his age at the end of your argument. I seriously think that he is a lot younger than he claims to be. (I know I lied about my age on here, but I got to otherwise my parents would freak out, don't tell anyone :)
Posted by SHARINGISCARINGg 3 years ago
SHARINGISCARINGg
I had the exact same thing happen.

http://www.debate.org...

But you gotta read his previous argument before you read my last argument.
He didn't even finish this debate.
Posted by 32doni32nido32 3 years ago
32doni32nido32
You should see my debate with him at the very last round!

http://www.debate.org...

Not quite sure I was showing a lot of love, but it sure felt good to say my final thoughts... :P
Vote Placed by Leaning 3 years ago
Leaning
SHARINGISCARINGg32doni32nido32Tied
Reasons for voting decision: While Con did question whether it would be worse to be killed by intention or not, Con did not offer any... Reasoning that it would be worse. Pro did offer reasoning the EVIL intention would be worse, but gave arguments that a women should have a right to her own life, and noted that the fetus could not decide. If anyone thinks my logic for my vote is flawed, let me know and I'll try to do better next time. If you feel the vote is unfair, I'll also try to encourage some other people to vote.