HazeHaz
backwardseden

Should animal testing be banned?

backwardseden has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

HazeHaz

Con

Animals do not have rights, therefore it is acceptable to experiment on them. Animals do not have the cognitive ability or moral judgment that humans do and because of this they have been treated differently than humans by nearly every culture throughout recorded history. If we granted animals rights, all humans would have to become vegetarians, and hunting would need to be outlawed.
backwardseden

Pro

According to what and who do “Animals do not have rights?” Perhaps rights should not be given to you? And what rights are you referring to? It is not acceptable to experiment on animals unless you are ready to experiment on man especially if those experiments involve torture.
Have you seen the film Okja? If not you should. Its about genetically enhanced pig and raising it as a pet and then turning it into food. And there’s a torture scene and then the owner comes on in and settles down and the pig knows its her and all the pig does is gives a sigh of relief with no anger or raises of harshness of any kind. Its a remarkable scene and film. Absolutely not is it acceptable to experiment on animals. According to who? You? How would you know? What grade of fluffy fire ants in the you know where areas have you graduated from to make such an immoral assessment?

“Animals do not have the cognitive ability or moral judgment that humans do…” Really? According to what? You? How would you know? What grade of simpleton gooey metal plates between your atomic sublet brain would help you to reach this conclusion?
”and because of this they have been treated differently than humans by nearly every culture throughout recorded history.” And those that have treated animals well, they have survived the longest.
“If we granted animals rights, all humans would have to become vegetarians,” That’s totally false.
“and hunting would need to be outlawed.” Again that’s totally false.

Summary
You make bold statements without any swill to backup anything you have to say. So I am going to let you think on that and then when and if you can come up with some answers, some decent answers that are not geared towards directly p**sing people off, and you know it, then let’s have a debate.
HazeHaz

Con

In my opinion, humans have a significantly higher level of intelligence, and thus it is acceptable to experiment on animals.

To back my argument, I would like to quote the California Biomedical Research Association: "Every medical breakthrough in the last 100 years have resulted directly from animal testing. If people are against animal testing, why have they not suggested adequate alternatives? Even though computer models are reasonable alternatives, animal testing is still necessary for modelling the programs. Testing on cell or tissue cultures do not provide the opportunity to observe the movement of drugs/medicines throughout different systems, such as the circulatory systems, and conditions such as blindness or high blood pressure do not manifest in single-cell organisms.

I would also like to draw attention to the fact that animal testing is necessary where potential toxicity is being tested. For example, thalidomide caused birth defects in human beings and was not properly tested on pregnant animals. Would you rather save the life of a human, with a lifespan of approximately 80 years, or a mouse, whose lifespan lasts about 2 years?

While on the topic of lifespan, humans take centuries to have multiple generations. Assuming that the lifespan of a human and a mouse last 80 and 2 years each, a mouse can spawn 39 generations of mice in 1 human generation. This is important when it comes to studying the passing down of drug effects. This very fact has helped oncologists understand cancer better.

Therefore, I feel that animal testing is justified and should not be banned, but endorsed instead.
backwardseden

Pro

So you think that just because humans have a higher intelligence that gives a species a right to “experiment” on them? What if the roles were reversed and you were to be experimented on? If needle pricks, electricity especially high voltage, starvation, rigorous torture, isolation especially being kept in super tight dark cages etc etc etc were all permitted? Tell me how would you like that? Oh you’d like that just fine wouldn’t you. So don’t tell me that just because YOU have a significantly higher intelligence you have a right and it is acceptable to experiment on animals. Yep its rather blatantly obvious that you've never seen, been to, nor committed to a psych ward.

"Every medical breakthrough in the last 100 years have resulted directly from animal testing.” That is 100% false. And it might be a little bit nice if you would do some actual research. What about plants and trees? Did yah think about that? Obviously not. Yah know what snookums? All I did was simply google “medicines developed from plants” and about 48,600,000 results appeared. And by gum all I did was click on the second link http://www.rain-tree.com...
In which lists the plants and their benefits and medicines.

This debate is now over. You could not even think of something that is so blatantly obvious. It is because of people like you that cause endangered species to go extinct. And---you---don’t---care. Well I do care. That’s the difference between you and me. So no, it is not acceptable to experiment on animals. Not ever.

HazeHaz

Con

To counter your arguments on "needle pricks", "electricity", "rigorous torture" and others, I would like to tell you that laws exist to counter cruelty during testing. Many people are under the illusion that most animal test subjects are tortured and treated badly, but this is not true. Most of the animal torture happens outside labs. Besides, most pictures of animals being tortured are outdated. There are laws in countries which protect animal test subjects. For example, the Animal Welfare Act in the United States sets certain standards in terms of food, shelter, etc. that must be met throughout any testing. This ensures that animals are well taken for.

To counter your second argument, which was that medicines were derived mostly from plants, I say that even plant medicines are tested on animals. To elaborate, take the example of using periwinkles to treat leukemia. If the cure was tested on humans, several human lives could be lost. Why? The periwinkle is actually poisonous, and the venom has the capability to kill. Scientists had to perfect the cure by testing it on animals, and this led to the perfect cure. Now, would you want several humans die before their time? Think of animal testing as losing a few lives for the good of humanity.

Now this last paragraph has nothing to do with this "debate". I'm just giving you a piece of my mind: I'm saying that your points have very little evidence on them. I'm not even showing off or feeling superior; I'm just saying that your arguments are based mainly on feelings, with little solid proof. Besides that, I'm being frickin polite to you. Just because I sound like a demented freak doesn't mean you gotta go all out on me. I'm just stating an opinion. I respected yours, and I would be grateful if you could do the same for mine.
Posted by backwardseden 7 months ago
backwardseden
https://www. Cosmotography. Com/images/supermassive_blackholes_drive_galaxy_evolution_2. Html - "ONCE CONSIDERED A MATHEMATICAL CURIOSITY, BLACK HOLES HAVE TAKEN CENTER STAGE IN COSMOLOGY"
Another thing. . . Https://www. Space. Com/15421-black-holes-facts-formation-discovery-sdcmp. Html - "Astronomers estimate that the Milky Way has anywhere from 10 million to 1 billion stellar black holes, With masses roughly three times that of the sun. " So since there's at least 125 billion galaxies in the known universe, You do the math.
Another thing. . . Https://solarsystem. Nasa. Gov/news/1068/10-questions-you-might-have-about-black-holes/
Posted by backwardseden 7 months ago
backwardseden
You need to change your statement. It's not an "I believe". It's an "I know Donald toilet dust Trump, Easily the worst president of all time is a pathological liar and is the worst president of all time. "
According to a Washington Post headline, "President Trump has made 15, 413 false or misleading claims over 1, 055 days" (DDO Won't take the link)
https://www. Politifact. Com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ - "All False statements involving Donald Trump"
https://www. Thedailybeast. Com/donald-trump-has-made-more-than-12000-false-or-misleading-claims-since-becoming-president-wapo - "Donald Trump Has Made More Than 12, 000 False or Misleading Claims Since Becoming President: WaPo" PINOCCHIO NEEDS A VACATION
Posted by backwardseden 7 months ago
backwardseden
MT 28:7-10, MT 28:16 Although some doubted, The initial reaction of those that heard the story was one of belief since they followed the revealed instructions.
MK 16:11, LK 24:11 The initial reaction was one of disbelief. All doubted.
MT 28:1-18 The order of Resurrection appearances was: Mary Magdalene and the other Mary, Then the eleven.
MK 16:9-14 It was Mary Magdalene, Then two others, Then the eleven.
LK 24:15-36 It was two, Then Simon (Peter? ), Then the eleven.
JN 20:14 - 21:1 It was Mary Magdalene, Then the disciples without Thomas, Then the disciples with Thomas, Then the eleven disciples again.
1CO 15:5-8 It was Cephas (Peter? ), Then the "twelve" (which twelve, Judas was dead? ), Then 500+ brethren (although AC 1:15 says there were only about 120), Then James, Then all the Apostles, Then Paul.
Posted by backwardseden 7 months ago
backwardseden
MT 27:62-66 A guard was placed at the tomb (the day following the burial).
MK 15:42- 16:8, LK 23:50-56, JN 19:38-42 (No guard is mentioned. This is important since rumor had it that Jesus' body was stolen and the Resurrection feigned. )
MK 16:1-3, LK 24:1 (There could not have been a guard, As far as the women were concerned, Since they were planning to enter the tomb with spices. Though the women were aware of the stone, They were obviously unaware of a guard. )

MT 24:9 Even some of the disciples of Jesus will be killed.
JN 8:51 If anyone keeps Jesus' words, He will never see death.
HE 9:27 "All" men die once, Then judgement follows.

MT 28:1 The first visitors to the tomb were Mary Magdalene and the other Mary (two).
MK 16:1 Both of the above plus Salome (three).
LK 23:55 thru 24:1& 24:10 Mary Magdalene, Joanna, Mary the mother of James, And "other women" (at least five).
JN 20:1 Mary Magdalene only (one).

MT 28:1 It was toward dawn when they arrived.
MK 16:2 It was after sunrise.
LK 24:1 It was at early dawn.
JN 20:1 It was still dark.

MT 28:1-2 The stone was still in place when they arrived. It was rolled away later.
MK 16:4, LK 24:2, JN 20:1 The stone had already been rolled (or taken) away.

MT 28:2 An angel arrived during an earthquake, Rolled back the stone, Then sat on it (outside the tomb).
MK 16:5 No earthquake, Only one young man sitting inside the tomb.
LK 24:2-4 No earthquake. Two men suddenly appear standing inside the tomb.
JN 20:12 No earthquake. Two angels are sitting inside the tomb.

MT 28:8 The visitors ran to tell the disciples.
MK 16:8 They said nothing to anyone.
LK 24:9 They told the eleven and all the rest.
JN 20:10-11 The disciples returned home. Mary remained outside, Weeping.

MT 28:8-9 Jesus' first Resurrection appearance was fairly near the tomb.
LK 24:13-15 It was in the vicinity of Emmaus (seven miles from Jerusalem).
JN 20:13-14 It was right at the tomb.
Posted by backwardseden 7 months ago
backwardseden
MT 5:39, MT 5:44 Do not resist evil. Love your enemies.
2JN 1:9-11 Shun anyone who does not hold the proper doctrine.
MT 5:43-44, MT 22:39 Love your enemies. Love your neighbor as yourself.
MT 10:5 Go nowhere among the Gentiles nor enter a Samaritan town.
JN 8:58-59 Jesus hid himself, Apparently to avoid being stoned.
Posted by backwardseden 8 months ago
backwardseden
LM4: 9-11, 1 MT 10:37, MT 2:16, JG 21:10, DT 2:34, Hello hello hello I love you won't you tell me your name.
Posted by NDECD1441 3 years ago
NDECD1441
Platoandaristotle, wow. That was a good point.
Posted by platoandaristotle 3 years ago
platoandaristotle
Hmm... I think that animals have rights. But in order to learn to respect those rights, we may need to experiment on them.