anc2006
L.Ryuzaki

Should car horns be eliminated?

L.Ryuzaki
Started: 4/22/2019 Category: Fashion

anc2006

Pro

1st round is acceptance.
L.Ryuzaki

Con

Hello, I am L. I will be debating with you.

I accept. The best of luck to you.

- L.
anc2006

Pro

just to clarify, Can horns doesn't necessarily mean those little 2-seaters' horns, But is can also mean the deliberate banish of truck air horn and illegalize the personal purchase of train horns (because trolls use it wholl alot, Maybe even on their little sedans)

and we all know that we can use horns to warn and sign the people using the mobile electric entertainment device, But look at its history.

"Early Warning Signals
Long before the days of interstates, Backup cameras and drive-throughs, Drivers made use of warning signals to alert other road users to their approach or possible danger. Early signaling options included bells, Whistles and hand-squeezed horns (yes, Like the one you had on your bike as a kid)"

first i know horns are invented this way, But today horns are a lot more harmful than it was beneficial. Horns were misused. Everyday. Some people will tap their horn watching other people suffer (yes. Even trucks). Today trolls use it as an unfair playing tool (prank tool), Instead of real warning purposes.

"MAN TGE - Truck Horn Prank
1, 378, 580 views"

This man abuses the truck horn in its car to scare people in Germany, Where almost everything would be quiet. And yes. At this time when i posted this argument, Up to almost 1. 4 million people find it as "fun" to watch it rather than a casual warning tool.

I know that car horns can warn people, But with evidence (yes only 2 pieces) car horns are proved to be making noise pollution and are being abused.

another is that truck horns make louder noises.

"A large commercial truck can produce air horn decibel levels of approximately 150 decibels. "
"145dB Vision blurs due to eyeball vibration"

so this means loud truck horns is still too loud to be a warning sign. I don't expect people tooting their truck horns 50m away, Neither to anybody. Truck drivers' eyesight were constantly strained to the far front that they either see it now, Or they don't. This gives it a reflex of tooting the air horn IN FRONT OF THE THING. If out'er 50m is no warning, And right in front is too loud (and people abuse it as well).

and "The maximum legal decibel level for a car horn on a passenger vehicle is 110-120. "
"116dB Human body begins to perceive vibration from low frequencies"

so if hold long enough, A car horn would be still too loud. And since there are "car horn languages", How would pedestrians know that simultaneously?

Conclusion: car horns are either too loud to be a warning sign, Or just straight up useless.
L.Ryuzaki

Con

Thank you for your response.

Make your words regular size next argument. I understand you said you had server issues. If you're unable to change the size next round, That's fine, I'll just copy and paste your argument in my response again so I can read it in regular size. For convenience purposes it would be ideal for the public to read. On to my argument:

One could argue that vehicle horns may be abused and overused unnecessarily, But to completely take them away/eliminate them would not be a good solution.

You stated, "And we all know that we can use horns to warn people. "

Correct. This is simply my side of the debate. Horns are used to warn other drivers. It is merely a safety method. Nothing more, Nothing less. There are people who lightly tap their horns sort of as a friendly gesture to the vehicle in front of them as to say "Hey, The light's green" whereas if a person blew the horn loudly or repeatedly, 1. They would have the right to do so if the person in front of them ignores their first horn and stayed at the same spot. 2. It would be unnecessary to do so because more likely than not, The person in front of them would simply go. At the same time, It's the person's decision and they do want they want to do as long as they are not violating the rules of the road. The person in front of them must pay attention at all times. This also goes into the question of road rage because there's some people who have that. This can easily go beyond vehicle horns. Now if a person just drives everywhere honking their horn loudly every second then that's something to look into, That's unacceptable.

What if I made a debate arguing that radios should be eliminated because the music is too loud? Wouldn't work. People shouldn't drive in silence. Everyone needs music, Our lives revolve around music believe it or not. Simple solution is to not have your music blasting because having it too loud is illegal, Just common sense. Have your radio at a regular and normal volume where you can already hear it instead of busting your ear drums. Apply this same logic to vehicle horns.

You said, "car horns are proved to be making noise pollution. "

The human population causes noise pollution, What's the difference? You can hear vehicles everywhere. Driving is a basic human function.

Of course truck horns make louder noises. The bigger the vehicle, The louder it is. The smaller the vehicle (like a car) the higher or lower pitch sound it will be. There are some car horns that are louder than truck horns. When I say truck horns, I don't mean louder than Silverados, F150's or Avalanches. I mean louder than trucks like Trail blazers, Tahoes, Expeditions or Jeeps.

You stated, "A large commercial truck can produce air horn decibel levels of approximately 150 decibels. "

Music from the radio inside vehicles can produce a large amount of decibels as well, But should we take that away? No. A horn should not be abused, But it should not be completely eliminated either.

The only reasonable reason a horn would be held for a long time (let's say 3 to 4 seconds, Because that's a long time holding a horn) is for a stupid driver not following the rules of the road, Or someone who is jaywalking or a person standing in front of your car and deciding not to move thinking, "Oh, They aren't going to hit me. " when you have every right to.

Conclusion: Horns are supposed to be loud, For other drivers to hear so they can take heed. Like I said, It's a safety precaution. They are definitely not useless.

May your thoughts be clear,

- L.
anc2006

Pro

thanks to the politeness.

It is more like how people use it than how it is like. Normal people actually don't use the horns as intended. As i said, Truck horns and train horns are abused by jerks all over the road. I've experienced twice and had to go to the ear doctor. Normal horns can just be as not loud as a ear-hurter, But even a 0. 5 second blast of lorry, Train and ship horns can actually reduce their sanity as their mind being blanked out instead of being added something, And that's why it truck horns are not really ethical on a daily basis.

Plus those Mini loud thingys are more of a meme. That is also what is not intended to be for it.

"What if I made a debate arguing that radios should be eliminated because the music is too loud? Wouldn't work. People shouldn't drive in silence. Everyone needs music, Our lives revolve around music believe it or not. "

that also support my side. Music is fun to listen to, Has beautiful harmonics. Otherwise a rock band may produce louder noise (123db) than a lorry horn (120 db), Especially those death metal ones. Those singers merely exposing to those meaningful noises is not enough to destruct their ears, But horns are not. Horns, Especially lorry horns, Are very monotonous and boring. The low pitch or the harmonics that are not pleased for it worsens the problem, Especially on top of the "near or far" dilemma. You'd listen to earrape fortnite music all day but you wouldn't even want a truck horn honk. Easy. One sounds good and another sounds disastrous.

Manual horns are not the only solution. Also this, Horns does more harm then good.

another possible solution is that stopping in front of the passengers, Or use an Ai to manipulate the noise. Because many drivers are misusing the horn, Thus using a driver is very risky. Use a program that simulates the human's horn may work as good, But plus more manners. Tesla already can do this.

human manners sometimes are evil. Train pranks are examples. We have to prevent that. Too simple.

"Now if a person just drives everywhere honking their horn loudly every second then that's something to look into, That's unacceptable. "

of course. Laws cannot solve, But programs can. Just explained for the last sentences. If laws are 100% practical then the UN would turn into Utopia. But still, Impossible. Laws are not the 100% practical solution.

" I mean louder than trucks like Trail blazers, Tahoes, Expeditions or Jeeps. "

these truck produces rather 90 decibels than 150 decibels. They are still suvs and Pickups. Don't tell me they use train horns at stock. My family drives them and had honked their horns, And it sounded like a normal car, Rather than a lorry. Truck horns are not supposed to be even on those vehicles.

"They are definitely not useless. "

i apologize for not making it clear, But nothing is 100% useless. I said IT SHOULD BE ELIMINATED. Many things like Absolute Monarchy were being eliminated, But it was that way for 2000 years. It is not useless, But it should be eliminated. Car horns produces more harm than benefit, And thus it should be eliminated.

See you at the next argument and the votes. May you debate at your best.

- A
L.Ryuzaki

Con

I seen the video you sent me about the prank about the loud horn. That horn was beyond scary, That was uncool.

On to closing argument:

If you are in a vehicle with the windows all the way up, And the radio happens to be on in a normal volume, I doubt a honk of a horn would be that detrimental or hurt one's ears. There are some idiots on the road who can't drive, So horns are needed. I don't understand how the radio point supported your side. You claim that it does but your point to back it up is not very convincing.

Conclusion: Horns aren't a big deal. Sure people may overdo it but humans overdo a lot of things. They overeat, Oversleep and other things. Let's strive for solutions. I admire what you stated, "Use a program that simulates the human's horn may work as good, But plus more manners. Tesla already can do this. "

Thank you for debating with me.

- L.
Posted by anc2006 4 months ago
anc2006
good one leaning
Posted by Brendo 4 months ago
Brendo
Posted by anc2006 5 months ago
anc2006
Good one L, Good one.
Posted by DeborahHills 5 months ago
DeborahHills
I recognize el from one of my students japanese cartoon drawings can you message me please i would like to arrange something for her thank you
Posted by anc2006 5 months ago
anc2006
sorry for small font size. As long as it is readable.
Posted by anc2006 5 months ago
anc2006
what is wrong with my server it won't let me post my argument
Posted by anc2006 5 months ago
anc2006
wow such polite thx
Posted by L.Ryuzaki 5 months ago
L.Ryuzaki
Accepted.

- L
Posted by anc2006 5 months ago
anc2006
accept it. C' moon.
Posted by anc2006 5 months ago
anc2006
ofc
Vote Placed by Leaning 4 months ago
Leaning
anc2006L.RyuzakiTied
Reasons for voting decision: I think that both sides made decent arguments. Pro made me question how much use the modern horn is nowadays, but would have to have more explanations of how it is not useful anymore to convince me. I have to give Con the points for convincing argument because Pro would have needed to convince me that we 'should remove horns. Con did make arguments that people still 'do use car horns and the y have a use. So all that's changed is I'm undecided if we ought remove car horns or not, which is still not a decision to remove car horns. I get Pro about the radio though, it has a clear use, enjoyment. Funnily enough, I've never driven a car myself. So how often people actually use them, I'm not certain, though I'd expect fairly often still.