blacksdonthaverights
homoudmahadin

Should gays be allowed?

blacksdonthaverights has forfeited round #4.
Updated: 2 years ago Status: Debating Period

blacksdonthaverights

Con

Gays are against the bible, God doesn't want them to marry, we need more sex.
homoudmahadin

Pro

happy to accept this challenge!!! also just to clarify religious arguments would not satisfy, as your opponent is an atheist, furthermore let's keep our arguments logical and based on reason. my general consensus is that the individual has the right to choose the gender he/she is attracted to and what happens in the bedroom of 2 consenting adults is no business of the state or other people. depending on where the person attains his/her morals, there is nothing "wrong" with being homosexual as it does not harm any other individual. when discussing the statement of "we need more sex", while homosexual couples currently cannot conceive children. they are though able to adopt, which not only they are offering a sustainable life for a forgotten child but also parenting them acting as a good deed. further, in the debate, I will further explain my points with sources to compliment it
blacksdonthaverights

Con

Well my thing is gays being married, not them having sex. I just don't think it's right, because if I'm not allowed to marry a horse, why are they allowed to marry each other. But I also got bullied in high school by being called gay.
homoudmahadin

Pro

the reason why we are not allowed to marry an animal or have sexual relations with them is that there is no way or very difficult to figure out if that animal is consenting or forced, also there are numerous health factors unto why having sex with an animal can be damaging. however, when discussing gay sex, both adults are consenting and if one is not then that is simply rape and can not be condoned in any case either straight or gay. when discussing marriage we realize they too have such right, simply because an individual does not control who he/she loves. I ask you as a straight male or female, are you able to control either you like the same or opposite gender? can I force you to like a gender that is out of your preference? if your concerns why marriage should not be allowed for gays because it's not biblical, but you must understand that marriage is not limited to the bible but expands many ideologies and religion meaning the concept of marriage is not limited to the bible. I find the concept of marriage as a fallacy were a piece of paper does not and should not act as a necessary glue to for a relationship, however that is my opinion. and I should and will not force it on other people so if 2 people want to marry and they are both consenting then nothing should stop them. btw when discussing bullying we realize that after the legalization of it suicide rate of homosexual individuals dropped dramatically, also by legalizing it you are too normalizing it when something is normalized then it is seen less of a taboo or something wrong, homosexual bullying stems from the idea that the persons sexual preference makes him/her an outcast, however, legalizing it only puts him/her in society legally and socially, however, this transition takes time.
blacksdonthaverights

Con

i think you're right in some points, but it really comes down to religion and i know that u said that u dont believe in religion or sumtin but really its against god and god is the best cuz he made fortnite
homoudmahadin

Pro

no problem, so your morals are based on gods biblical demands? well, what if I told you that many of the morals mentioned in the bible are not very adequate. and may I ask why do you follow a god blindly without question? the other issue is that the bible is written by the disciples of Jesus, humans wrote it? this is the very reason why in the bible you find so many contradictions. for example:-
GE 1:26-27 Man and woman were created at the same time.
GE 2:7, 21-22 Man was created first, woman sometime later.

GE 2:15-17, 3:4-6 It is wrong to want to be able to tell good from evil.
HE 5:13-14 It is immature to be unable to tell good from evil. (saying how you must have the maturity and knowledge to decide for your self, as a Christian I would be confused, is it wrong to tell right from wrong? or ignorant of me not to tell right or wrong)

EX 34:6, DT 7:9-10, TS 1:2 God is faithful and truthful. He does not lie.
2TH 2:11-12 God deludes people, making them believe what is false, so as to be able to condemn them. (Note: some versions use the word persuade here. The context makes clear, however, that deception is involved.)
even when discussing gods merits is very inconsistent.

why believe in something that is not even consistent with its content? furthermore, the Bible has even more moral qualms that in my opinion, only monsters would defend such morals that are simply outrageous and illogical for example:-
1 Timothy 2:12
I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet.
Ephesians 5:22-33 ESV
Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands. Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, ...
Genesis 3:16 ESV
To the woman, he said, "I will surely multiply your pain in childbearing; in pain, you shall bring forth children. Your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you."

these are simply one of the few examples of not general moral issues in the bible but specific to gender inequality and male dominance. one other reason why you should not use the bible as a reference for anything is simply that it is not complete. the Vatican secret archives. were many pages of the bible or even parts of Jesus's life are purposely hidden from the public, why belief in something incomplete.

I provided logical arguments that defend homosexuality, I suggest u read them again or expand in other sources and question me, the internet, the Bible, God, and most importantly your self.
Posted by Spencerthebeast12345 2 years ago
Spencerthebeast12345
a lot of good points brought up in this
Spencerthebeast12345
a lot of good points brought up in this
Spencerthebeast12345
a lot of good points brought up in this
Spencerthebeast12345
a lot of good points brought up in this
Spencerthebeast12345
a lot of good points brought up in this
Spencerthebeast12345
a lot of good points brought up in this
Spencerthebeast12345
a lot of good points brought up in this
Spencerthebeast12345
a lot of good points brought up in this
Spencerthebeast12345
a lot of good points brought up in this
Spencerthebeast12345
a lot of good points brought up in this