Kurtis01
Sean.McHale

Should high school students be punished for being sick and have to sit out of their next game?

Kurtis01 has forfeited round #2.
Started: 3/14/2018 Category: Sports
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Kurtis01

Con

I don't think the kid should be punished because they are sick. It's not their fault that they get sick. I personally hate this because it has happened to me before and I missed an important game. I don't want any other kid having to go through what I had to go through.
Sean.McHale

Pro

Your argument that I will review quite quickly is purely based on opinion you present no logic or evidence to support your opinion. It is less about you and more about a grand scheme which I hope we can agree upon. Now as for the reasoning of kids being punished I wish you to answer these burdens.

WHY IS PRACTICE NOT IMPORTANT?

IS IT PUNISHMENT OR SAFETY?

To answer these both practice has great importance and without it and missing it while your sick should make you ineligible for competition. Practice can be the one gap you have to close between yourself and your goals (Choose to close it). It can be the one impediment that can hold you back and leave you wondering why others are so much better at that something for which you pine (Don"t allow it). It can make the difference between good and great, mediocre and magnificent (Go for the latter). It can define your skills by different scales altogether (Up the ante) It can be your breakaway strategy and your true path to your very own authentic success or the lack thereof (Seriously, practice is that good and almighty.) Practice is the brutally honest friend, dropping rude awakening on your path on an idle Tuesday. Unsolicited, unwanted, unasked for but nonetheless, it shows up, telling you quite frankly why you are not good enough at something just yet. A (big!) part of you wants to kick him out of your life and the other part " the smart part " knows the layers of truth hidden in the message.

Fever is the most common symptom of even the most mild cold making hitting the gym is a definite no-no. Fever is the limiting factor, says Lewis G. Maharam, MD, a New York City-based sports medicine expert. "The danger is exercising and raising your body temperature internally if you already have a fever, because that can make you even sicker," he tells WebMD. If you have a fever greater than 101 degrees Fahrenheit, sit this one out. Maharam's rule of thumb for exercising when sick? "Do what you can do, and if you can't do it, then don't," he says. "Most people who are fit tend to feel worse if they stop their exercise, but if you have got a bad case of the flu and can't lift your head off the pillow, then chances are you won't want to go run around the block. Though you may not be going to the gym you still be doing a high intensity activity that will have the same effect.

Links to check out evidence:

https://www.webmd.com...

https://www.prolificliving.com...
Posted by asta 3 years ago
asta
A sick kid at a game means more people get sick. I would rather have 1 kid miss a game than the whole team getting sick.
Posted by Sean.McHale 3 years ago
Sean.McHale
Kurtis01 where you at bro?
Posted by John_Eaton 3 years ago
John_Eaton
I agree with the contender, if you don't show up then you shouldn't be playing.