asta
passwordstipulationssuck

Should it be illegal to wear brown underwear

passwordstipulationssuck
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

asta

Con

I think that the color of your underwear is not a moral issue.
passwordstipulationssuck

Pro

sure. I'll take a fun debate. I shall argue that the having underwear that are the color brown should be outlawed. The color brown has many psychological implications. For starters, brown can evoke feelings of warmth, openness and security which may sound like a good thing at first glance, but when taken in the context of underwear, we realize that this could be psychological manipulation that people could use to get others to have sex with them. Which is basically rape. Next, in some folks, brown can bring feelings of isolation, loneliness, and sadness. These feelings have been linked to suicidality.

Next, If you aren't wearing pants and are in your underwear, the excess brown can totally mess up your Feng Shui in the room. Excessive brown can unbalance the energies and create negativity.

As we can see, brown underwear are a dangerous threat to society that it's time to eliminate.

Verywellmind.com
National Center for Biotechnology Information.
Posted by asta 3 years ago
asta
I thought whoever accepted the debate would be some Jokster who wouldn't take it seriously and would forfeit round 2. This has happened twice before.

I wasn't expecting someone to actually do a good job with it because if I was, then I would have more rounds. Do you want to do 5 more rounds on this?
Posted by MasterMewtwo 3 years ago
MasterMewtwo
People who completed 3 or more debates usually have a higher chance of staying. In advanced options, make the minimum debates cleared 3, as well as a rule stated round 1 about forfeiting counting as a loss.
Posted by passwordstipulationssuck 3 years ago
passwordstipulationssuck
no. it's an auto loss if anyone votes. because arguments in the comments section won't be taken into consideration. and if anyone does, their vote will be removed by the moderation team. always have more than one round because now, my arguments are the only ones in the round.
Posted by asta 3 years ago
asta
The reason why I only had one round is because I don't want my opponent to forfeit the 2nd round because if they forfeit the debate, then I don't win.

I did this to get an easy win.
Posted by MasterMewtwo 3 years ago
MasterMewtwo
Arguments in the comment section aren't relevant, only in the rounds are your arguments considered. Remember to make 3 Round debates in the future, maybe 4 or 5 rounds.
Posted by asta 3 years ago
asta
But it's brown underwear. It's not like it will make you more likely to get raped since people usually wear shorts or pants on top of their underwear so people wouldn't even see the sex inducing underwear. Also, brown is a repulsive color, the color of dirt, mud, and poop. The color is not lustful. There are more lustful things then the color brown. Should all things that are lustful be banned?

If you say yes, then I guess people should be banned too. I mean, women tend to make men lustful often and vice versa. Are the people that are going to ban humans from society actual humans? Sounds a little like hypocrisy. Hypocrisy is against the bible. You don't mean to make a law like this in order to keep consistent on the sole basis of underwear do you? Is underwear more important to you than God?(https://www.openbible.info...)

About your depression part, there are much more depressing things like sad music that cause much more suicide than brown underwear. Should depressing music be illegal? If you want it to be, you should try not to listen to some after this comment roasts your argument, because then you would be a hypocrite again.

I checked your profile. Your a Conservative(as am I and most of the people who use debate.org)(http://www.debate.org...). It is not the conservative thing to do to have a government so big they ban certain underwear types. It's kind of like the unique law that North Korea has where there are only 18 approved hairstyles for common north Koreans. This seems like something an SJW would back up. They are the ones so concerned with rape.

Also, you don't have links that I can click on that back up your claim. I can do the same thing with these cites that I didn't cite in this statement:

Wikipedia.com
Procon.org
Infographic.edu
Harvard.edu
Yale.edu

I await your response.
Vote Placed by Vaarka 2 years ago
Vaarka
astapasswordstipulationssuck
Who won the debate:--
Reasons for voting decision: .
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 3 years ago
9spaceking
astapasswordstipulationssuck
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark
Reasons for voting decision: only one with arguments.