debater_community
Zorsus

Should kids focus on weight or should kids focus on health?

debater_community has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 2 years ago Status: Debating Period

debater_community

Pro

I think health because if your healthy you wont get most of the worse effects like diabetes
to obesity. I also think health because you can be healthy and overweight at the same time, or healthy and skinny at the same time.
Zorsus

Con

This is an interesting topic.

I believe that kids should focus on their weight, but also make sure that they hit their daily micronutrient and vitamin requirements.

Habits you develop at your childhood stick with you for the rest of your life and if you don't watch your weight as a child,(which, by the way, does not necessarily mean you can't also be healthy thanks to calorie counting) then all that excessive weight will be extremely hard to melt off as an adult.
Posted by debatemoez 2 years ago
debatemoez
I am pro health on this. Agree to all comments on the definition of health. and another thing : the BMI readings that end up applying the word OBESE to a person should really be updated to a more user friendly term for crying out loud. I mean seriously, all millennial deep feelings aside, it is unproductive to give a person who needs to address a health issue such a demeaning label. 'How about - "Overweight by ___ lbs" " advised to see a Dr about adjusting lifestyle".
There is no liability owed to a statement like this. However, a millennial could sue the BME distributor for defamation if they continue with that kind of slander. I jest of course and am being totally sarcastic to the poor, soft millennial - but it is all accurate on a certain level - of that I am sure.
and........go!
Posted by Aljndragonzalez 2 years ago
Aljndragonzalez
If you are health you wont be over weight
Posted by help_me_please 2 years ago
help_me_please
Im on the pro side. Here's why. I got this from an article i read recently. "Yes, you can be overweight and healthy, according to the National Institutes of Health's 1998 report, Clinical Guidelines on the Identification, Evaluation and Treatment of Overweight and Obesity in Adults.

People who are overweight can be considered healthy if their waist size is less than 35 inches for women or 40 inches for men, and if they do not have two or more of the following conditions:

High blood pressure
High blood sugar
High cholesterol

The guidelines point out that overweight people should not gain additional weight, and, preferably, should lose a few pounds. Other risk factors, such as smoking, also affect whether a person is considered healthy." ("Can You Be Fit and Fat?" WebMD, WebMD, www.webmd.com/diet/features/can-you-be-fit-fat#1. )