MrDebateKing
TheOneAndOnly_Syd

Should money be free

TheOneAndOnly_Syd has forfeited round #2.
Started: 6/5/2018 Category: Funny
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

MrDebateKing

Pro

I think it should be free. I saw a Ferrari today but I couldn't afford it. With free money, I would have a Ferrari.
TheOneAndOnly_Syd

Con

Honestly, that is a rhetorical question . Money shouldn't be free. If money was free, what would we use as currency? Everything in the world would basically be free and money would lose its meaning. This should be pretty obvious if you look at from a different view.
Posted by John_C_1812 3 years ago
John_C_1812
Very few things can be described accurately as free. To be free an object must lack self-value and cost. The addition of either self-value, or cost negate the state of free. Economically the point of impartial money is so the receipt can be used as a point of natural self-value.

We understand you would like a Ferrari. However Ferrari may not want you as a customer so it may use the impartiality of the receipt of money as a way to meet that goal. This could be something as rhetorical as setting a personal drive goal outside of operating a machine.