Lori-Ann
packers284

Should prostitution be legal

Lori-Ann has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Lori-Ann

Con

Hi everyone, I'm currently doing a debate project for my political systems class and I would like you guys to help me with my debate. My debate topic is abortion and my group is against it, so please give me some good reasons as to why prostitution is bad or should be illegal
packers284

Pro

Prostitution should be legal for a lot of reasons. A good example of prostitution working in a civil society is the Netherlands. Prostitution has been legal for years in this country and the people has benefitted from the tax revenue generated from prostitution.
Many people say prostitution should be illegal for religious or moral reasons. This is a false premise to ban prostitution. The urge for sexual reproduction is inherent in all men. Those men who lack the skills or time to court women and engage in sex should not be denied their sexual instincts because the government deciding prostitution is illegal.
Some argue that prostitution is derisive to the women who work in the industry. Allegedly many legal prostitutes are forced into their work and have no choice in the matter. The Dutch engineered a solution to this by providing social services and protection to the prostitutes working in the country's many red-light districts. If a Dutch night walker feels under pressure from a pimp and not acting under her own choice she would have many resources available to her. In a country with illegal prostitution these options do not exist.
In Sweden the government has tried to fight illegal prostitution by prosecuting the men caught in the act rather than the hussy. Then they offer the call girls alternative education opportunities to reeducate them and reintegrate them into moral society. The man on the other hand must endure the difficult legal process and face the possibility of paying fines and doing community service/Jail time. While it is not surprising the Swedish socialist government would opt for such an extreme measure it nevertheless highlights why neither side of the exchange should be punished for paid sexual favors.
While many men enjoy a good go-around with a slankpop once in a while we should still raise our children to avoid such behavior.
Posted by RC-9282 1 year ago
RC-9282
Pro fails to recognize public health concerns this raises. As a sex worker, you are much more likely to contract an STD, and therefore transmit them while working.
Posted by qwzx 1 year ago
qwzx

Do you want anti-abortion or anti-prostitution? Want to help but could you choose 1?