Ronald.Lee
these_republicans

Should restaurants ban plastic straws?

Ronald.Lee

Pro

Restaurants should ban plastic straws. Plastic straws are made of plastic, And a huge industrial process is required. It leads to a loss of biodiversity. Drinking without straws isn't a hard thing to adapt to. If you really need a straw, You can buy stainless steel straws, Which are really common nowadays.
these_republicans

Con

I see where you can get plastic straws go through a lot of processes, But I disagree. Plastic straws can be made from recycled material, And maybe can even be recycled again. It may seem slightly gross, But you can see garbage everywhere you go. If not, Your in a very rural area. Don't get me wrong, I like stainless steel straws, But that would just be something else to clean off. And they cost more than regular plastic straws. And you can even bend plastic straws, Which I don't see someone bend stainless steel as easy.
Ronald.Lee

Pro

I am afraid I have to rebut your points. Plastic straws are made of polypropylene, Which is not a recycled material as you mentioned. Although polypropylene can be recycled, Most recycling facilities do not accept plastic straws. Straws are small and flexible, And can fall between the cracks of machinery, Or get stuck in machinery. Stainless steel straws indeed cost more than plastic straws, But you only have to buy one stainless steel straw, Which is around 2. 4 USD. The cost worths it because it helps save the planet. I would also like to add that most of the stainless steel straws are designed to be bent.
these_republicans

Con

these_republicans forfeited this round.
Ronald.Lee

Pro

I conclude now, That restaurants should ban plastic straws. Please vote for me, I am the Pro side.
these_republicans

Con

these_republicans forfeited this round.
Ronald.Lee

Pro

Ronald.Lee forfeited this round.
these_republicans

Con

these_republicans forfeited this round.
Ronald.Lee

Pro

Ronald.Lee forfeited this round.
these_republicans

Con

these_republicans forfeited this round.