YeshuaBought
Patelraju220

Should same sex marriage be legal?

Patelraju220 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

YeshuaBought

Pro

Same sex marriage is when a couple being married is both the same sex. I say yes because I am bisexual and want to fall in love, and get and be married. I support your right to disagree, but you don't have the right to force your beliefs on me.
Patelraju220

Con

same-sex marriages may diminish the heterosexual culture in the society. Perhaps, children raised by homosexual couples would grow up thinking that same-sex unions are way more beneficial or satisfactory than relationships with the opposite sex? A social and legal acceptance at large would encourage homosexual behavior among the next generation and therefore pose a threat to the future of standardized marriages between opposite sexes, and procreation.
YeshuaBought

Pro

Got proof? I doubt I would ever vote on your marriage if I married a woman. I just want to fall in love and stay married?
Posted by Redbluegreen 3 years ago
Redbluegreen
Thank you very much for replying. So as i understand it, your argument is based on the fact that same sex marriages are increasing in number and this trend might take up a large percentage of marriages. What i believe im failing to see is how that impacts society in a negative way. I have no doubt your suspicions and data are correct but this, as far as I know, does not affect our recources in any way, childrens sexuality will ultimately be influenced yes, but not decided by the parents, as is the case with every child. This will also not cause birth rates to decline to an unsustainable rate, in fact it would likely slow down overpopulation. Again, i am not trying to undermine your argument, just trying to pin down the precise nature of your stance.
Posted by Patelraju220 3 years ago
Patelraju220
hello sir. I'm just Stating the probability that when a child will be brought up with the homosexual background he/she might get influenced and they MIGHT imitate their parents and to be futuristic every civilization or creed starts with nothing. To be factual about their increasing population, let me feed you with some data - A recent report from the Williams Institute, published in April 2015, states that "If current trends continue, by 2016 public support for marriage of same-sex couples will be at 40% or higher in every state, with 6 states above 45% and the remaining states between 50-85% support."
Hope it helps.
Posted by Redbluegreen 3 years ago
Redbluegreen
Con. I would just like to be clear on what you are arguing. Are you saying that same sex marriages would become so prevalent in all society that the very nature of a child's sexuality would drastically change to where they imitate their same sex parents? And are you also arguing that this effect would change birth rates to an unsustainable point in which our population would decline? Forgive me if i am misunderstanding your argument, i am neither agreeing nor disagreeing woth any of your statements, i just wish to understand what exactly it is you are claiming.