CrybabyEm
alive_is_a_verb

Should students get paid for good grades?

CrybabyEm has forfeited round #2.

CrybabyEm

Con

Students should be motivated by the thought of a good future instead of the thought of reward for the good grades. Even if these kids are motivated by the money, they should be motivated by the thought of success. They should care about their future!
alive_is_a_verb

Pro

The motivation of a good future is never really acquired by a learning child. Some children consider school an annoying need. I do believe that money isn't the way to "pay" the children. An award of a candy can be enough to get a young child motivated. Older children could get "free" time on the computer or something comparable.

Truly trusting the thought that children are motivated about their future isn't right. There is no way that a child would study anymore for a good future. I believe that the thought that would come repeatedly is: "This one test couldn't make a difference". An award per test would make them think: "if I do this write I get [insert award here]".

A child's mind is based on short term, not long term.