Attention: Debate.org is closing and the website will be shut down on June 5, 2022. New Topics can no longer be posted and Sign Up has been disabled. Existing Topics will still function as usual until the website is taken offline. Members can download their content by using the Download Data button in My Account.
Rendersen22
ChocoThundaa

Should teenage girls be allowed to wear bikinis on field trips involving swimming?

ChocoThundaa has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Rendersen22

Pro

Given the fact that bikinis is the norm in society today for teenage girls. The idea of not allowing them to wear bikinis and only wear one-pieces may be unfair to them as they may not own any one-pieces. I feel that this is a very strong restriction.
ChocoThundaa

Con

Using the reason that "bikinis is the norm in society today for teenage girls" is not a justifiable reason for anyone to do anything. If it becomes the norm to carry guns to field trips, Should we suddenly argue whether it is okay for students to bring guns to field trips? No that's ridiculous. While it may be unfortunate that some girls may not own one pieces, They are not too expensive and can easily be purchased at most retailers.
Rendersen22

Pro

Rendersen22 forfeited this round.
ChocoThundaa

Con

ChocoThundaa forfeited this round.
Rendersen22

Pro

Rendersen22 forfeited this round.
Posted by Ku4nt3m 3 years ago
Ku4nt3m
You didn't expose why you think they shouldn't.
There isn't any reason why they shouldn't.
Posted by lhaspel 3 years ago
lhaspel
I am not in this debate but comparing guns to bikinis is absolutely ridiculous. Bikinis aren't hurting anyone, They are just swimsuits that people wear. I can't believe you would deny someone the right to wear a certain type of clothing. I really don't understand why girls couldn't wear bikinis.