JohnnyDoe1
pi3.14

Should the US get rid of the Electoral College?

pi3.14 has forfeited round #1.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

JohnnyDoe1

Pro

It takes away the vote from the people. The electoral college did make sense because of how hard it would of been to count every vote on paper. Now though we have much easier ways to count votes. If we just vote with the popular vote then it would be more representative of the peoples opinions. There are states that require electors to vote like the people but the small difference in the votes times multiple states could create a difference between the electoral vote and the popular vote.
Posted by pi3.14 3 years ago
pi3.14
Sorry, I couldn't respond in time.
Posted by pi3.14 3 years ago
pi3.14
Also, I don't know how relatable this is, but couldn't you also argue that we need to get rid of the Senate and the House of Representatives because we can do popular votes and see what people ACTUALLY want (I know this is ridiculous)?
Posted by pi3.14 3 years ago
pi3.14
So what if she won the popular vote? She knew the rules and how to win. Also, only having popular vote would let the majority tyranize the minority.
Posted by Amphia 3 years ago
Amphia
I feel like there has been a push to abolish the electoral college because Trump won by it and Hillary won the popular vote but did not win the presidency.