shaas
AndrejG

Should the US limit the use of natural resources?

Started: 8/24/2018 Category: Economics

shaas

Con

I really just am using this to research for one of my essay topics. . . So tell me wht u think
AndrejG

Pro

Sounds good. Despite it simply being more a call for info rather than a debate for as far as I can tell, I shall proceed regardless. If you have anything from the con side which you would counter with, Obviously I will be willing to rebuke.

Simply, The United States of America should have an obligation to ensure that it as a nation limits the use of its' natural resources to sustainable and reasonable levels causing as little harm to the environment as possible while still to an extent maintaining economic growth. Maintaining both the economy and the natural environment and ecosystems of America through a joint effort between the administration and America's businesses, Surely both sides can be pleased with a economically and environmentally sound solution should they ever choose to go towards it.

In short, The US should limit the use of natural resources to a point where it is sustainable and still able to support the growth of the American economy at a reasonable pace. This is not to undermine the importance of protecting the environment however.

I look forward to hearing perhaps any opposing argument or side to it, Depending on how Con goes forward with this.
shaas

Con

dude I"m an 8th grader not a student at law school
AndrejG

Pro

Ironic ain't it? If you're having trouble understanding simple concepts, Perhaps doing some additional research at a lower grade level would help you comprehend the subject.
Posted by mosc 3 years ago
mosc
Bunk. States Rights Washington bites. The States of the Republic regulate all trade and commerce within each and every State within the Republic. Yankee Go Home.
Posted by SorghumJohnson 3 years ago
SorghumJohnson
The central question is to what extent should any state regulate the use of natural resources. In the United States of America, Department of the Interior is the cabinet body within the executive body that is charged with this prerogative, Provided that it acts within the bounds of law circumscribed by the legislature.

Since you invoked the U. S. Specifically, Rather than "the state" in general, And since the above structure is pretty well cut and dried under U. S. Law, Are you asking if the U. S. Should change this structure?

As you stated that you're looking to vet an essay topic, I would suggest first to do a web search on "tragedy of the commons" and do some reading on the basic principles involved.

The question, As I would frame it, Would be to what extent should the tragedy of the commons be managed by the state, As opposed to private ownership? There are arguments for rent versus regulation, And most states have different points at which they draw the line. U. S. Law generally allows broad latitude with respect to resources on private property, Such as oil, And limits only those aspects which could affect areas outside that property, Such as pollution. The U. S. Regulates resources located on U. S. Property to a much greater extent.

I would think narrowing the question might be a good idea.
Posted by mosc 3 years ago
mosc
And just who has the power to make these decisions? Utter clap trap. States Rights Washington Bites.
Posted by Melany_05 3 years ago
Melany_05
I think that every country has to limit the use of natural resources or maybe no limit them but use them correctly and don't waste them, For example water because it won't last forever. I also think that we should innovate with other alternatives like electric cars because some natural resources were created to stay where they are as petroleum that is very down on earth and if we put it out is surprisingly polluting.
Posted by Melany_05 3 years ago
Melany_05
I think that every country has to limit the use of natural resources or maybe no limit them but use them correctly and don't waste them, For example water because it won't last forever. I also think that we should innovate with other alternatives like electric cars, Because some natural resources were created to stay where they are as petroleum that is very down on earth and if we put it out is surprisingly polluting.
Posted by AndrejG 3 years ago
AndrejG
Looking forward to hearing the con side for the argument. Hopefully this civil discussion will help further your assignment where it be necessary.