ZdogDaBoss623
PassiveSquirrel

Should video games be in the next olympics?

Argument Due
We are waiting for ZdogDaBoss623 to post argument for round #3. If you are ZdogDaBoss623, login to see your options.
Started: 11/8/2018 Category: Technology
Updated: 21 hours ago Status: Debating Period

ZdogDaBoss623

Pro

Yes, Video games should be in the Olympics because it would give professional gamers a chance to show off and have fun other than esport competitions. Professional gaming is a gamers job, And if you would want to be a gamer you would have to get good at it. Video games also require smarts, Like any other sport. Like, What to do if you are the only person against a team of four? Should I go and try do shotgun all of them, Or snipe them far away? Since this dude has no shield, If I snipe him will he die? This is why I think that video games should be in the Olympics.
PassiveSquirrel

Con

Thank you for debating with me :)

Video games should not be in the next Olympic Games because unlike other sports they don't require any physical activity, And are machine aided. Another problem is what video games would we add? If we added two or three games, Most people probably wouldn't care. If they added more there would be too many video games in the Olympics. The point of the Olympics to bring people together through physical activity. Athletes train their whole lives to be in the Olympics, And it is an honor to compete in the Olympics. Video game players do practice and work hard, But physical sports require more skill and work ethic. "If I want to practice any Olympic discipline, If I wanted to try one of them, I actually have to go out and do it. I have to be active. Where gaming is right now, If I was inspired to be a gamer, My first step is to go home and sit on the couch. "" These are the words of Sarah Walker, An Olympian from New Zealand. This is why video games should not be in the next Olympic Games.

Source: http://theconversation. Com/why-e-sports-should-not-be-in-the-olympics-100430
ZdogDaBoss623

Pro

ZdogDaBoss623 forfeited this round.
PassiveSquirrel

Con

Thank you for debating with me :)

My opponent said, "it would give professional gamers a chance to show off and have fun other than esport competitions. " True, But the Olympics are every 2 years, While other esports competitions happen often. Sports athletes train their whole lives to become Olympians. Also, Video games as it is right now is a male dominated activity, You rarely see women playing.