Alexander25
FanboyMctroll

Should we ban all non electric cars in the year 2020

Started: 10/29/2018 Category: Economics

Alexander25

Pro

An analysis released by the Committee on Climate Change (CCC) in January called for "more stretching targets" to encourage uptake of electric vehicles, And recommended around 60 per cent of car and van sales should be electric by 2030.

WWF has called for an even more ambitious target of 100 per cent electric vehicle sales by that date.

"We will get an awful lot of the way there by 2030, And if the government just sends that extra signal, And closes that door a bit earlier, Then it just ensures we secure that 10 years of benefits in terms of carbon emission reductions and air pollution, " Gareth Redmond-King, Head of climate and energy at WWF told The Independent.

According to analysis by the environmental group, Bringing the ban forward a decade would lead to around 7 million high polluting cars being taken off the road.

They estimate the ensuing reduction in carbon emissions would bridge nearly half the gap that currently exists in meeting the UK"s fifth legally binding carbon budget, As well as cutting air pollution by nearly a third.

Provided by:https://www. Independent. Co. Uk/environment/hybrid-car-ban-electric-vehicle-diesel-prius-petrol-wwf-chris-grayling-a8337771. Html
FanboyMctroll

Con

Hell no! We are not banning all non electric cars. It won't happen anyways, As the oil and gas companies will never let it happen with their billions of dollars, They can tie this up for decades in courts.

Electric cars are piece of garbage cars anyways for metrosexuals and the LBGT community in large cities where they can have plugs everywhere to plug these lame vehicles.

When you live out in the back country nobody is going to use some silent lame car with no power, When you have heavy work to do, Heavy loads to haul and you expect hundreds of miles from vehicles as gas stations are far and few between. Also working in a cold climate I don't want to be losing 30% of the power of the vehicle like the electric cars do in the cold. You are already getting what? Maybe 200 miles out of the electric car, Now add the cold weather and it clearly demonstrates that these vehicles are for hipsters in the city where there is a gas station on every corner and they want to be green and drive some lame powerless car so they can say, I'm leaving no carbon foot print, While picking up their latte and wearing a fanny pack and their skinny jeans.

Suggesting that we only have electric cars is like suggesting we get rid of all pick-up trucks.

Electric cars are just the latest fad that has taken over by the Greenpeace tree hugging hippies who think that electric cars are great for the environment. In the city with congestion and where you go 10 miles, It might be great, But for people who live out in the country with hundreds of miles of open road and no civilization, Nobody is driving these lame electric cars.

Also if I want to drive hundreds of miles to a cottage, I just go, Pull over and get gas and in 5 minutes I'm back on the road, While you are stopping for 4 hours to charge the battery.

Electric cars are as useless as street cars in the city, You take it 3 blocks and say, "I'm not polluting" ok go ahead city hipsters keep your electric toy cars, But I live out in the bush and I drive a big V8 Hemi and I love it and I'm keeping it, And my shotgun agrees.
Alexander25

Pro

Alexander25 forfeited this round.
FanboyMctroll

Con

FanboyMctroll forfeited this round.
Alexander25

Pro

Alexander25 forfeited this round.
FanboyMctroll

Con

FanboyMctroll forfeited this round.
Alexander25

Pro

Alexander25 forfeited this round.
FanboyMctroll

Con

FanboyMctroll forfeited this round.
Alexander25

Pro

Alexander25 forfeited this round.
FanboyMctroll

Con

FanboyMctroll forfeited this round.
Posted by Alexander25 3 years ago
Alexander25
iI am arguing about banning the sale of non electric cars not inertly
Posted by FanboyMctroll 3 years ago
FanboyMctroll
Looks like I'm the winner again as my opponent has no counter argument and has decided to forfeit

ELECTRIC CARS SUCK and they will never become the main source of transport
Posted by FanboyMctroll 3 years ago
FanboyMctroll
Whatever he means, It doesn't matter it will never happen.

Only the three hugging hipsters and hippies drive electric cars, It's the same skinny jeans hipsters who drove the VW Beetle and Mini Cooper in the past

Electric cars suck and are as useless as tits on a rooster
Posted by dustryder 3 years ago
dustryder
Do you mean banning the sale of non-electric cars, Or banning non-electric cars entirely?