charcharcharchar
CFS

Should we have Gun Control

charcharcharchar has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

charcharcharchar

Pro

First, of I would like to say how it will work and good luck to the challenger
1st Round: Opening
2nd Round: Rebuttals
3rd Round: Speech
4th Round: Rebuttals
5th Round: Closing speech

Now I will start. There are many reasons why we should have gun control. One reason is that too many innocent children and their family die. One of the other is in all of the countries that have gun control terrorist attacks have gone down. But the many reasons we should have gun control is because it makes us look stupid. Now let explain that, why is because where one of the only major country that does not have gun control. In fact here is the list of countries who don't have some form of gun control Albania, Austria, Chad, Republic of Congo, Honduras, Micronesia, Namibia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Senegal, Tanzania, the United States, Yemen, and Zambia. That's 14 countries all of them with their own problems. That is why I think we should have gun control.
CFS

Con

Thank you for creating this debate. I am a little new to this site and will try to to best I can to get my point across on this platform.

Be for I get stated you should know that some gun control is necessary but not to the extent that it has been presented by many. I believe you live in the U.S. so this response will be based on the U.S. unless you wish to extend to other nations around the world.
Now we all after remember that criminals break the law. The laws we have in place now criminals have broken and we must not respond with feeling but with logic to the tragedies that occur. We currently have background checks and have many limitations on firearms now. What we should focus on instead of creating more regulations is to enforce the laws we have now. Examples of failures to act are in the recent Parkland Shooting when authorities failed to prevent the shooting while they had information of a possible unstable individual that could harm someone. We need to protect our second amendment. It allows us to protect ourselves from criminals or tyrannical governments. That is why we do not need to get new gun control legislation.
charcharcharchar

Pro

I'm also very new to this site and I thank you for debating with me, also I do live in the U.S.

While its true that criminals break the law stricter laws will make fewer criminals break the law. Also while it is true we have background checks and some limitations on firearms we could still have more. Also with the current laws we have, it is WAY to easy for anyone to get a gun by going to gun shows. Also, the current laws we have don't hold stores to these laws and they can easily break them with no punishment. You said that "We need to protect our second amendment." but here's the thing gun control DOES NOT violate the second amendment. Why is because this is what the second amendment says "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. You see that gun control is not violating that because it is only making more background checks, and to make it as easy to buy a gun. It is not infringing on that right because you can still buy a gun it will just be harder.

Please do your rebuttal for your next argument so things can move along smoothly thank you.
CFS

Con

Could you state what gun control you think we need.

If you create more laws and regulation and do not enforce them like the ones we have now then what is the point, all that would be accomplished would be making it harder for law abiding citizens to get firearms. I am not sure if your family has ever bought a firearm but if you have ever gone to a store and purchased a firearm you would see that the background check that all stores are required to use. If a store or gun show were to not have you go through the background check then they face going to prison. Now criminals will try to find a way to get a gun now matter what and if they can not get a gun then they will use other means to harm others. Examples of this are how people driving into crowds with cars, using bombs and using knifes. Bombs are homemade how do you regulate them? Cars, any one can get a car with a drivers licenses. Certain types of gun control do infringe on the second amendment. Some gun control legislation ban certain firearms while other's limit firearm attachments which can affect someones second amendment right. While other gun control legislation does not affect our second amendment right.

I hope this response fits into your requirements I did not quite understand what you said in the last sentence.
Posted by DATF2NEWB 3 years ago
DATF2NEWB
I don't think that there should be a stricter law on guns, instead we need to create and share ideas about what we need to do.