Catiedebates
CK.4242

Should we have homework?

Catiedebates has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Catiedebates

Pro

Homework is important. it helps you review things you learned in class. it helps childrens time management skills,
CK.4242

Con

The problem with homework is it's a "one size fits all" approach to teaching, many students might not learn well from the worksheet you give out. I know from experience I often found the homework to be useless, and would better review the material if I was just given the information and some time.

Whether or not it helps with time management skills is questionable, I can say it didn't help me, but this is less a problem with homework and more a problem with the school system itself (I've done well in it, this isn't just me venting about something that I disliked). But to broaden the scope a bit, you can't say--unless you have some sort of statistic--that homework does EFFECTIVELY help with students time management skills.