darkwolf
KhrareMak

Should we hunt animals

darkwolf

Pro

I believe that we should hunt animals, in order to maintain the balance of the ecosystem and combat over population.
KhrareMak

Con

Hello, I am grateful to you for posting this debate and giving me a chance to express my opinion.
Hunting animals was alright in the earlier years of Earth. Now, the balance of which you speak of is already tipped. If we hunt anymore the balance will tip all over. Many species face extinction. And it is a grieving truth that we will run out of animals to hunt if this continues.

I look forward to your opinion and the counterpoint.
darkwolf

Pro

This is were there is a fine line to walk, most animals have a season or a time when it is legal to hunt them, this period of culling is typically in the winter after they have breed giving the yearlings time to mature. And most hunters will shoot for the elder animals this keep the next generation going. However without hunting it leads to overpopulation in time, which pare that with the limited space available for them will cause them to move, possibly into urban areas which is dangerous for both the animal, and the people living there. The hunting which is limited keeps the animals within the carrying capacity of the environment they find themselves in. And for your endangered animals argument don't get hunting confused with poaching which is illegal and a disgusting practice.
KhrareMak

Con

What you say, my friend, is partial truth.
Yes, hunting keeps animal population in check so that they do not migrate to urban areas. However, we cannot forget the fact that their original home is being destroyed and they are driven out by hunters where will they go in such situations.

Next, if we talk about overpopulation human will be the first. Humans have overpopulated over aeons. We outlive most animals and hunt them under the pretext of keeping them from overpopulating, we claim it to be our duty to keep the natural balance. If so, animals must be allowed to hunt humans as well. As the inhibitors of this earth they too have the right tto maintain its balance.

Our population is 7 billion which is more than any individual animal species on this earth. To satisfy our needs there just aren't enough animals on this planet.

Now, what do you have to say to that my friend?
darkwolf

Pro

But they aren't being driven out that's why we have the hunting seasons to give them time to recover, animals are smarter than most people think I have seen it, once hunting season draws near the deer are more easily scared and don't come near the house. They aren't driven out because they just go to where they know there aren't hunting blinds. So animals can take care of themselves and as for you comment on humans having a higher population than any animal on earth here's some counter arguments. There are 19 billion chickens in the world, And animals in total make up more biomass on the plant than humans, humans average out at about 100 billion where animals are around 100 trillion.
https://www.quora.com...
https://www.npr.org...
KhrareMak

Con

Oh, yeah? They aren't being driven out? Then what are people doing when they cut down forests. The animals living there are either captured, killed or forced to move away.

You say animals are given time time to grow before hunting. That is because if they don't, that particular species will face extinction.

Animals can think and are smart but against the strength of Humans, they can only run. They can take care of themselves if they can feed themselves. But, we are killing what they feed on. In this case they die of starvation or cannibalism. Lions were on all time low in all over the world. Especially India.

It seems that you didn't read " individual animal species" in my last argument. Only one human speicy exists, so if we have to compare we should compare it with only one individual speicy.

And if there are animals that number more than Humans, then they are farmed and grown in incubators and factories. Hens are more than Humans, because we cultivate them.

https://youtu.be...

Watch this and then you will understand why chickens number in such mass quantities.

Thank You for letting me express my opinions. It was a good conversation and a great experience debating with you.
Posted by darkwolf 3 years ago
darkwolf
same lets go
Posted by KhrareMak 3 years ago
KhrareMak
Yep I am ready. It is a good debate. Let's be gentlemen and not use abuses. Me too looking forward to this.
Posted by darkwolf 3 years ago
darkwolf
ok are you ready
Posted by darkwolf 3 years ago
darkwolf
looking forward to this debate ca't wait.