LilBurdy
luanism

Should we return some things into the way we live?

LilBurdy

Pro

Should we change our lifestyle? What I mean is should we add things back to the USA, The world? If someone commits a horrid crime, We hang them? If someone wants to fight and you accept with a lot of witnesses and you kill them, Is that okay? A duel, Is what I mean. Should hunting for all animals except ones people one, And then selling them is fine? Should we return to being what we call uncivilized, But what we KNOW is simpler? You wanna make money selling stuff you hunted for? You don"t have to buy property, Set up a stand in the street. Listen to this before you argue: If we would go back to times like these, We"d need to do something else before. We need to switch to electric cars. We need to stop pollution. If anyone is caught polluting we send them to prison for a year. It would stop people from polluting. Sure, We"d need to change other things too, But I wanna keep it short. In your arguments tell me what I missed.
luanism

Con

I'll start by addressing the topic: "Should we return some things into the way we live? " In other words, Regression.

I believe that even if we did it would be in vain. Consider the nature of human beings and how easily they tend to fall out of line and you'll understand. For example, People are always trying to make things "better" or "easier" but better/easier doesn't always mean good. However, I'm not really here to say I'm right and you're wrong. Rather, I'm going to point out the flaws in your points, Where they lack reason. Furthermore, This topic is quite interesting because I understand where you stand. You clearly see something wrong with this world that we live in so you question if certain things would be better or not. This is good :) However, Your questions may not be the most practical because they have their fallacies, Such as hanging a person for their crimes. (Death penalty). Hunting. Dueling. (Consensual fights).

First: I completely disagree with the death penalty. Hanging, Electrocuting, Guillotine, All of it. There are many ways to end a life, Just as there are many ways to seek justice. And Justice doesn't = killing someone because they killed someone. Eye for an eye is not the way to go, Because it would just cause a ripple of pain. . . A vicious cycle of hate. Making a display out of someone for their actions is the same as the People who stood and watched Jesus get crucified. It's following what others are doing and not standing up for what is right. Who are we to decide who gets to live/die? At the end of the day, We're just people. We're the same. Yet, It feels as if there the people who has authority and control over these matters are Gods because they get to choose what happens but that's wrong. Only one person in this world is allowed to make these types of decisions and that's God.

Second: I love hunting and I love it for many reasons. The patience behind every kill and the immediate feeling of reward after is surreal. Hunting your own food is incomparable to what you get at the grocery store, Buying it in packages without knowing what's in it or how it's made. It's also a primal skill, A very useful one that was once very important to have in order to survive that we lost due to technology, Things being made "easier" such as fast food, For example. And to further elaborate on where you stand when it comes to hunting, As much as I would love to go back to the good ol' days of hunting and selling meat. Now, We have good ol' McDonald's and other fast food crap that is slowly killing us and we continue to eat it. Why? Because it's convenient. It's easier. But again, Easier doesn't mean better. Lastly, Hunting should only be done as a means to survival, Not for sport.

Third: Consensual fights are no good, Yet they exist today as a form of entertainment. (Boxing, UFC, MMA, World Star Hip-Hop). They are no good because they promote violence and condone taking matters into your own hands, Disregarding the fact that serious injuries or even death is a possibility. I will say that it does prove to be useful in rare cases, But on a larger scale it only makes matters worse because it's simply saying that "It's okay to fight each other and die for our reasons. . . Who cares about our loved ones and how they feel when we end up seriously hurt, Or even worse dead. ". . . In movies we see this happen all the time, But unfortunately that's not how the real world works. Dueling is prideful, And having pride is a sin. Therefore, It is wrong and we should not do it no matter the situation. We should always look within our hearts for forgiveness, To let go of malicious thoughts/intents and try our best to solve our battles with reason.

Lastly, You made quite an interesting point about pollution in regards to punishing people to a year in prison if they were caught polluting. This just shows your care for the environment which is really good :) Not many people do, So you have my respect. However, That is quite the dream without any type of plan or actions made to make this a possibility.

All in all, Dreams are only dreams unless it's turned into a goal. A mission that YOU set out for yourself, With YOUR own blueprints and what needs to be done to achieve it; anything less is just a hopeless dream. At the end of the day, I believe that we all want to do good but most of us are afraid of actually following through with it, Let alone start. I'd like to do good things too, But I've got my own personal agenda of things I need to do before I can even think of these types of things. However, It doesn't stop me from planning and planning is key. Always have a plan. It won't always work out the way you pictured it, But never give up. Anyways, I'm off-topic hehe.

To end my point, I'd just like to say that you're welcome to make additional points if I missed anything or if you feel like mentioning any other ideas. I'm an open-book :)
LilBurdy

Pro

LilBurdy forfeited this round.
luanism

Con

luanism forfeited this round.
LilBurdy

Pro

LilBurdy forfeited this round.
luanism

Con

luanism forfeited this round.
Posted by TheHeretic101 3 years ago
TheHeretic101
I think you need to reduce your scope and explore one arcane aspect you wish to argue the return of.