backwardseden
ConservativeDebating

Sin does not exist people! Don't believe on some buffoonery that the bible says! Believe in yourself

ConservativeDebating has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

backwardseden

Pro

Believe in yourself and not the corrupted totally insane babbling baby brained bible looking over your shoulder. You are far too good for that!

Sin is contradictory and hypocritical in your bible. Thus sin does not exist.
Does every man sin? Yes. There is no man who does not sin (I Kings 8:46; see also 2 Chronicles 6:36; Proverbs 20:9; Ecclesiastes 7:20; and I John 1:810) No. True Christians cannot possibly sin, because they are the children of God. Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is a child of God.. (I John 5:1). We should be called children of God; and so we are (I John 3: 1). He who loves is born of God (I John 4:7). No one born of God commits sin; for Gods nature abides in him, and he cannot sin because he is born of God (I John 3:9). But, then again, Yes! If we say we have no sin we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us (I John 1:8)

Matt Dillahunty "What is sin and why should I care about it? I understand why I should live an ethical life and treating people in certain ways, we have secular foundations for moral systems. But sin from the christian perspective is a crime against god or god"s nature itself - right? If god makes the rules and you violate it, that"s a sin. Well what if god makes a rule that you should kill your child, does that make it good? Caller " Yeah that"s where I do things that are not aligned in what the bible says." Matt "Yeah. But are they good things? Do you have good reasons to have that the things you are doing are not immoral? Like do you have an example? Like don"t confess to a crime or anything. For example the bible is opposed to homosexuality. Do you think there"s something immoral about those who are homosexuals?" Caller "Uh there"s none that I can think of." Matt "Yeah me neither. And so if the bible"s opposed to it add the bible is the word of god, and the Koran is opposed to it as well and the Koran is supposed to be the word of god as well, and there are two holy books and let them argue over who god is and what god thinks and until they can come up with a sound secular justification for homosexualiy being immoral then I don"t need to pay their views any money because its just an opinion at that point."

Now you go right ahead and and prove that sin exists in this world because it doesn't. You cannot even prove god exists.

dsjpk5 will not be allowed to vote in the voting process.
ConservativeDebating

Con

Sin must exist, whether or not it comes from God. Personally, I believe it does and it seems that you would like to debate the Religious point of view so I will start there.

Sin must exist because, universally, we can agree that, for example:
Murder is wrong.
Unless the person is insane, no one will accept that murder is good. In all major legal systems across the world, this is a visible aspect, i.e. that murder is illegal. To say that sin does not exist, would be to say that we cannot acknowledge make ethical assertions as to what is right and what is wrong. This is false.

I think there is a different argument to be made. I will conceded the idea that sin is somewhat arbitrary. Religious people will say that it was determined by a higher being. Atheists may say that it is determined by humans and rationality. Regardless, in either system, some actions become "sins" and others do not. There is no verifiable way to determine why we came up with sins because we can't objectives determine right from wrong, it is something intuitive. To try and explain why murder would be wrong would end in an infinitely regressive cycle. (You can always ask "So what, why is that bad?") There is no answer. At some point, we stop and have to say, "It's bad because it is." And that is what sin is.

You first argue that it is contradictory. You are missing the entire point of the bible. Yes, sin is bad. Yes, everyone sin. That is not a contradiction. In fact, the belief goes that the children of God are forgiven of their sins, so long as they seek to be. This is an important point. Yes, everyone will sin, but not everyone will seek forgiveness for their sins. Those who seek forgiveness are the children of God.

You next provide a long conversational narrative. The problem is that this is largely useless to suggest that sin exists, but rather this argues its okay to violate sin. These are two different arguments, however, the sin exists in both cases. The topic for this debate is whether or not sin exists, NOT whether or not its okay or if their are repercussions to violating it. The later topic is an impossible debate to have because we all have our different beliefs and interpretations of the world.
I'd make the following argument: Some sins most definitely exist (i.e. murder is wrong). However, some sins are contingent on a certain world view (i.e. homosexuality is wrong). Many people would say that it is not a sin and they may be right, yet that does not deny that other sins do exist, and to suggest it does is simply inaccurate.
backwardseden

Pro

"Sin must exist, whether or not it comes from God." No it doesn"t. Its an ill conceived notion brought on by an idiot unproved religion and its god of the bible. Without god to get things going from its beginning since the first printing of its failed god, people don"t sin.
Oh and oh yeah, um duh, um hmmm to even further prove you WRONG and a blithering idiot, and you obviously didn"t read A SINGLE WORD I SAID gosh golly gee gosh darned it all, what does my very first sentence say? Why it says "Believe in yourself and not the corrupted totally insane babbling baby brained bible looking over your shoulder."
OK let"s debate the religious aspect of "sin". You completely ignored Matt Dillahunty. So I"m going to post it again and then I will compose what I have to say and completely ignored what you have to say because you completely ignored him and then we can go from there. Sounds fair? Good. And then if you wish to repost what you have to say, perhaps I will divulge into your shoshy thoughts if they are that. I"d be willing to bet they are.
Once again from Matt Dillahunty and he is 100% correct And by gum right from the start he asks "What is sin and why should I care about it?" Well gee what a great question. And that"s something you clearly overlooked as well as the rest of what he said. "What is sin and why should I care about it? I understand why I should live an ethical life and treating people in certain ways, we have secular foundations for moral systems. But sin from the christian perspective is a crime against god or god"s nature itself - right? If god makes the rules and you violate it, that"s a sin. Well what if god makes a rule that you should kill your child, does that make it good? Caller " Yeah that"s where I do things that are not aligned in what the bible says." Matt "Yeah. But are they good things? Do you have good reasons to have that the things you are doing are not immoral? Like do you have an example? Like don"t confess to a crime or anything. For example the bible is opposed to homosexuality. Do you think there"s something immoral about those who are homosexuals?" Caller "Uh there"s none that I can think of." Matt "Yeah me neither. And so if the bible"s opposed to it add the bible is the word of god, and the Koran is opposed to it as well and the Koran is supposed to be the word of god as well, and there are two holy books and let them argue over who god is and what god thinks and until they can come up with a sound secular justification for homosexualiy being immoral then I don"t need to pay their views any money because its just an opinion at that point."

Sin? Lets use Homosexuality as an example as christians call it a sin? Really? According to what? The bible doesn"t say anywhere in the bible that its a "sin". Try harder. Nor does the bible say anything at all against gay marriages. And the words "gay" and "homosexual were not inserted into your bible until 1946. So try harder. The biggest sin is to go against god. Now if god were in the slightest bit genuine, in which we all know better that he's not, he---couldn't---care---less. Its like you using a bad word when you were young and your mother washing your mouth out with soap. Big whoop. But god has this frail fragile thing called an "ego" which is sandblasted all across the bible which means he's imperfect. And since he's imperfect it means he should not be bowed down to nor idolized, nor worshiped.

But once again, the biggest sin there could possibly be - ever - of all time is going against god which proves he's sad, pathetic, frail and weak. ..................... and since I am smart enough, educated enough, intelligent enough to ---never--- believe in the diseased sick mind that is the unproved god. And since I can think, rationalize, reason, use common sense, use logic in which this god, religion and bible does not require a single electron of, I am going to be denied a place in heaven by that simple little gesture. Well goodie for me, all the more reason for me to once again state that I will ---never--- believe in the monstrosity that is YOUR god, not mine who is both a crybaby and jealous. Jealousy? From a supreme deity? Jealousy is nothing more than anger as disguised fear. That"s imperfection. So once again... why believe?

What value do you place on sin, or if its not your view, it"s the bible"s. Let"s look at some examples... On a 1 to 10 scale...
*Homosexuality which has never done you any harm to you must = a 10
*no other gods before me must also = a 10
*shall not make for yourself a graven image must also = a 10
*take the name of the lord your god in vain must also = a 10
*remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy must also = a 10
*god ensues slavery and the beating of slaves so that must = a 10
*god loves raped women so that must = a 10
*god can justify his many genocides which would mean the killing of innocent babies, children and pregnant mothers which is extremely, excessively, unreasonably, and is foolishly contradictory and hypocritical = a 10
*god knowingly hates children = a 10

Raping, beating and torturing a child must = a 1 because children do not have a voice in the bible, to SCREAM. They get to say nothing. Their mouths are glued shut.
The abuser who is raping, beating and torturing a child must also = a 1 because there's no relevance into doing harm to a child in the bible.
In no way does god believe harmony, love, care for each other because otherwise peace would have already been achieved = a 1

If you do not see the horrific details behind YOUR religion, god and bible, and its fatalistic flaws and how valueless they are, then you are completely gone into another non existent universe. But then again, you like the typical christian, have probably not even picked up your bible and read past page 1.

So if you wish to tackle those correct arguments which show the status against how ridiculous sin is in the bible, go right ahead. Then perhaps I will pay attention to what you have to say. If not, bye.
Posted by judaism 3 years ago
judaism
backwardseden, please allow me to demonstrate to you the *real* beliefs of Adolf Hitler.

Also note everyone that backwardseden is childness and scared of the truth. It's why he will always resort to name calling.

Anyway, do as he will. I demolish his claims that Hitler was a Christian by far, here:

https://docs.google.com...

P.S., just in case any of you are wondering, the article is my own original work and will be up on my upcoming blog defendingthetalmud.

To put it simply, it is a stretch of the imagination to suggest what atheist love claiming, and it takes far more faith to "believe" Hitler was a Christian than the simple fact that G-d exists.
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
@judaism - this will be the last time that I will be communicating with you, because you, like all christian dunderheads cannot look at other information outside of garbage pail trucked in only one teeny tiny slobbering bit of tablet information and you WILL amount to nothing if you continue to do as such. Did yah bother to do any further research just like you haven't AT ALL LOOKED at the verses I presented you with? Nope. Only wikipedia. Did yah look on youtube? Nope. Did yah google it? Nope. Did yah bother to read about it? Nope, especially Mein Kampf? Why nope. "I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord.."
Here's a site for your teeny tiny imbecilic below the belt brain https://www.nobeliefs.com... - Hitler's Christianity. Oh and duh, the site lists a few sites for you to look at about Hitler being a devout christian.
You are truly a pathetic individual that is worse than christians because you are a jew. One would figure that you would be far better than they. But nah you have their EXACT same behaviors. You act the same, you swallow the same s--t that is in the OT that they do and you somehow think its "love" as you justify god's terrors and horrors especially against children. But you obviously haven't read YOUR torah worth a damn. and don't you dare f--king say that you have as you'd be 100% be flat out lying. You like other christians show 0 integrity as well as credibility. And like them you cannot even prove your god exists.
I leave you now with another video to utterly prove that god is 100% pure evil and hate. Will you look at it? No of course not. Why not? That's because you are a true coward who like christians cannot handle ANY truth of ANY kind about your god when slapped in the face with it.
http://www.youtube.com... - Top ten Reasons Why the bible is Repulsive. Ignore ex 7-8 they are christian.
Posted by judaism 3 years ago
judaism
@backwardseden,

Oh, Hitler was a Christian? Really? How come research beyond Wikipedia says just the opposite? How come scholars disagree with you? Is this a shock to you?

Did the G-d of Israel create evil as a means to test us? Okay, fine. He didn't create it exactly, He created the potential of evil, we did the rest.

I've done the research, I've looked at the verses. They're out of context. ALL OF IT.

Your claim that there's not one place in Torah where G-d says He's merciful is bad scholarship. Very bad. It's so bad, I cringe just writing it. It's that bad.

. . . I have nothing else to say.
Posted by 2far4u2CharlesDarwin 3 years ago
2far4u2CharlesDarwin
Rats flee from sinking ships usually long before people notice anything wrong.
https://www.theguardian.com...
https://en.wikipedia.org...
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
@judaism - Oh please, grow up. Of course I don't believe that Hitler was correct. But you do get that Hitler was a devout christian - correct? I mean you do get that - right? Sheesh. Do some actual research Do a change. That really would be nice. K? Also look into who Hong Xiuquan and the Taiping Rebellion was. K snookums? Oh and oh yeah, duh, YOUR god created BOTH along with everything which includes all evil and knows who what where when and why all evil will be evil before it happens... otherwise YOUR god is NOT a god and in control of everything, knows everything, in charge of everything, is all knowing and all powerful, perfect, omnipotent, etc. You pick. You praise something in which you know NOTHING in which you are squawking about. Get---a---clue. Did you actually look up the verses I posted? No! Of course not. You automatically go off squirting your voice without doing ANY research. You automatically think god is love and happy (in which is NEVER mentioned in the bible) without his superior ego complex and you cannot prove god. Pathetic.
Posted by judaism 3 years ago
judaism
So correct! Will he now say Hitler was right?
Posted by Minddagger 3 years ago
Minddagger
Hitler belived in himself that jews were evil and had to be exterminated, so whats your point?
2far4u2CharlesDarwin
It a sin to be humane. https://en.wikipedia.org...
It is a sin to be inhumane. https://en.wikipedia.org...

2 wrongs don't make it right.

https://en.wikipedia.org...
Evagrius Ponticus (left), John of Sinai, and an unknown saint. 17th-century icon.
Evagrius Ponticus (Greek: [7;P16;^0;^7;`1;_3;_9;`2; P01; \8;_9;_7;`4;_3;_4;a2;`2;, "Evagrius of Pontus"), also called Evagrius the Solitary (345"399 AD), was a Christian monk and ascetic