drummerrboi357
delete

Social Justice is turning into Toxic scilencing of free speech. (Change my mind)

drummerrboi357

Pro

This is a topic I have been thinking about doing ever since I have been brought into this topic. I am not on the far left or the far right. I am a naturalist when it comes to politics. I believe that both sides have contributed badly. The one I'm focusing for now though is the far left party. Nowadays if you do an out of taste joke or not mistakenly pronounce someone's pronouns improperly you get ridiculed and slandered in the public. Of course, This is only extreme cases but the extreme cases are getting the most recognition and the most feedback to the public opinion. We have genders that defy biology and sexuality that make little to no sense. And when we argue there points the most likely result is to either get shot down with insults or get put into argument circle that keeps dragging on and on over and over again. As i said before I am a naturalist and I believe the right-wing political climate is exactly the same when it comes to immigration laws. Gun laws etc. But for today's argument, I am focusing on the far left. So if anyone is willing to change my mind and be civil about it you are welcome to.
delete

Con

Hello! My name is Lawrence ( or Law if you so prefer ) and I'll like to accept this debate.
It's very nice to meet you, Opponent! I hope I'm able to influence your opinions on "social justice" and to help you view it in another light. If not, I hope you're able to influence my own opinions on it!

Social justice warriors ( SJWS ) is a term coined in recent years mostly by the right. Sometimes as an insult, Sometimes just to refer to somebody who's politically correct ( PC ).

Just to clarify-- I don't think that's true "social justice, " and neither should you.

To refer to ANY of the over dramatic people out there as social justice warriors is an insult to actual people fighting for social justice. It validates extremist views by pushing such an idea.

Try to view it this way:
A far-right media station wants to help validate their news story about the far-left. So what's better than bringing in somebody who's gone completely bonkers, And indirectly label them as a head of a movement? Although they are the smallest of the small in terms of people who believe in the movement, It helps validates their story. It's fearmongering, To an extent.

Media typically stretch the truth for the sake of a good story-- and I'll have you know, This isn't just a far-right issue.

So, One media station covers a completely loose screw of a person and gets their views up. Why? Because people WANT to be outraged. They WANT to believe that this is what's REALLY happening-- because it validates their views and opinions.

Every time you view a clip of an argument with somebody who's labeled as a crazy SJW, And the SJW ends up crying and screeching over a video game character, It's hard not to think of an entire movement as a joke.

It's a distraction to the actual movement.

They BENEFIT from these insane people trying to silence them. If somebody tried to silence you, It'd just make you want to speak up even more, Right?

Here's another example:
If you didn't get along with somebody and their friends, For whatever reason, And you had one chance to make the entire group look bad ( and let us say you truly believe they deserve it ) by using one single person. Not only that, But you gain something from doing it.

It's a profitable thing to do, So of COURSE, People are going to do it.

TL;DR-- It's a distraction, It's a way for organizations to gain money and views. They benefit from the small population that makes an entire movement look completely insane. SJWs are such a small population that they are not a threat.

I also apologize for any rambling or repeating myself I did throughout this. If it doesn't make any sense at all, Let me know and I'll rewrite it for you!
drummerrboi357

Pro

Thank you for the reply Law. I have to say i agree with some of your points. The sad thing is though that is exactly what I'm getting at. The extremest point of view is getting the most attention and is causing other people to believe their point of view. For example, Take comedians. Nowadays people aren't allowed to say a distasteful joke that to some people is funny without being slandered and called racist homophobic ect. Also when it comes to your argument that mostly the right are the cause for bringing in far left people. Sometimes they do this to themselves. Take stan lee's death, For example, There are people out there that are celebrating his death and called him a racist homophobic rapist. Even though he created black panther at the time of the civil rights movement.
The evidence here: https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=ky-9dM0zw6w&t=521s

When it all comes down to it these people that think this way are speaking for you. They are your link in the media and they're making a shambles out of it. The thing is it's actually affecting the world take a look at DC today and back then the stories and characters are totally different to what they were before. For example captain marvel. Because of political correctness and social justice the writers had to change the character to appease other people. Instead of being allowed creative freedom. Isn't that a form of censoring?

But back to the topic on hand. Social justice is affecting our use of language. We are being told what to say and how to say things. For example, If I was painting a picture with red paint and another person says that colour is blue. IF I say to them no this colour is red I get shot down because the person would say "well what if that colour wants to be blue you're not going to let it your colour phobic" That colour-phobic was an example by the way.

I believe that there are some tolorent left-wing people out there just as much as i think there are tolerant right-wing people out there. But here is the thing. How would explain when a men's right's group trying to get a lecture to talk about men's rights. How would you explain when there are left-wing members outside the room trying to stop it? To other people there labelled as people trying to say their opinions when if it was the other way around. There labelled sexist racist and homophobic?
delete

Con

delete forfeited this round.
drummerrboi357

Pro

because of a system glitch. My opponent was forced to forfeit this would. So i will let them reply again.
delete

Con

delete forfeited this round.
drummerrboi357

Pro

drummerrboi357 forfeited this round.
delete

Con

delete forfeited this round.
drummerrboi357

Pro

drummerrboi357 forfeited this round.
delete

Con

delete forfeited this round.
Posted by drummerrboi357 3 years ago
drummerrboi357
hmmm don't know whats wrong with the site then we could just wait for the debate to end and i'll just post another one
Posted by delete 3 years ago
delete
Still not working.
Posted by delete 3 years ago
delete
I'll keep trying.
Posted by drummerrboi357 3 years ago
drummerrboi357
hmmm don't know what 's happening here maybe it's glitched or something?
Posted by delete 3 years ago
delete
I've posted my debate several times and it's still not showing up?
Posted by drummerrboi357 3 years ago
drummerrboi357
yeah it said that i needed to post a argument but it didn't update I will let you say your previous statement this round :)
Posted by delete 3 years ago
delete
I posted my side of the debate several days ago, And yet it says I didn't?