Our_Boat_is_Right
Archimedes-v.02

Socialism is Stupid and Immoral: Change my Mind

Archimedes-v.02 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

I believe socialism is immoral. I believe socialism, the redistribution of wealth, is immoral because taking something that is not yours is theft. Theft is immoral.
Archimedes-v.02

Con

The entirety of your first argument rests upon the assumption that to everyone "wealth" is defined as a measurement of physical currency, and not a vague categorization which may or may not be applied to anything of inherent value. Moreover, theft doesn't constitute immortality as morality itself is of a subjective nature, and its sociological implications vary.
Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

I do not think you understand what I'm saying. Let me rephrase. The government taking someone's well earned money and giving it to other people because it is only "fair" is immoral. There is no point to work ethic if you all will have the same amount of money anyway. That is what TRUE socialism is. Plus, by redistributing wealth, a country will eventually run out of money. It destroys the economy, unlike Capitalism, where it improves the economy.
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 3 years ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
Bro u honestly have no idea what your talking about. The left always makes everything about race. Without currency, our country wouldn't exist. You have no sources the left literally just says everything is racist.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
Cuz money is based in racism
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
The existence of money is the problem of poor people, cuz if everybody had the same amount of money, money wouldnt exist
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 3 years ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
In practiced socialism, It is not really redistributing wealth. The government takes some of your money instead of giving it to other people, therefore leaving people mainly poor.
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 3 years ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
I think we should help poor people who are unable to help themselves. Giving money to poor people who choose not to help themselves is wrong in my opinion. Capitalism is what keeps the economy going, unlike Socialism where you would have no work ethic, a bad economy, and an eventually run out of money.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
And how do you solve the problem of there being poor people
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 3 years ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
"a theory or system of social organization that advocates the vesting of the ownership and control of the means of production and distribution, of capital, land, etc., in the community as a whole." the core principle of socialism is the redistribution of wealth. the government s controlling your life. That is never good. Taking your money and giving it to other people is wrong. Equivalate it to children's halloween candy. Taking the candy(money) that they earned and putting it in other bags(other people) because it is only "fair" that way is dumb. Whats the point of working if everyone is gonna get the same amount of money anyway?
Posted by Varrack 3 years ago
Varrack
http://www.dictionary.com...

Yeah, there is.

Socialism is not limited to wealth redistribution.
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 3 years ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
I do not believe in medicare. Young people have to buy it and it is very expensive regardless of whether they like it or not. Explain to me how public libraries and parks redistribute wealth...is there something I'm missing?
Posted by Varrack 3 years ago
Varrack
Socialism =/= redistribution. Socialism is simply the social ownership of the means of production. Examples of this are already present in American society, such as Social Security and Medicare. You could even consider public libraries and parks as "socialist"...