Society Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Violent Protests and or Riots In Response To Outrage. (In the USA)

Leaning
SupremeSeed

Can't say I really expect anyone to accept, But if they do, I'll bother to give more of an argument. Burning parts of the city you live in, Police cars, Breaking the windows of businesses you shop at, Allowing crime to be acceptable behavior, Creating a dangerous environment for the people who live there, Harming innocent public servants, Harming bystanders. I really don't understand a justification for violent protest other than a selfish anger, That disregards others, Or 'actual soluti...

Debating Period
13 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Is Blackface Wrong And Racist?

Bring-Me-The-Popcorn
Makassar

The elements of blackface are: mocking and painting your face to a different color. I'm going to start with the color part. There's nothing wrong with painting your face white, Black or any other color. And it has gone so extreme that having a tan is considered racist; as a mulatto, I don't care, But that's besides the point. There's not much to say about this because while it is an essential feature, The mocking is the key part. Now the mocking element. Many people mock as a form as com...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Was it a lynching, An execution, A hate crime, A first degree murder? Ahmaud Arbery.

Leaning
SupremeSeed

Sure it was stupid of the two white fellows. Yes it's a tragedy. Yes they should be prosecuted. But I don't see how it's Murder, The unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another. Just because the guy was black, I don't see why it's a hate crime. Were the white people waving a confederate flag when they confronted him? Decked out in swastika tattoos? Burning a cross? Be pretty stupid to call the police right before killing someone, If murder was your intent....

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Rapist Culture is not a myth

SupremeSeed
Micheal1

I will be arguing that Rapist Culture is Not a myth or a fable. If you disagree with my claim, Feel free to challenge me....

Voting Period
7 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

The discourse on "systemic racial oppression" ought to introduce the idea of "cultural opposition"

JurisGeist
DeletedUser

I consider myself as part of the left, But there's been a noticeable leftist theme of attributing blame to systems (political, Social, Economic, Etc. ) for the inability of marginalized/racial communities to climb up the socio-economic ladder. I don't disagree with that statement per se, Although I would like to see the inclusion, Admittedly a dangerous one, Of a dialogue concentrated on negative characteristics that belong to a specific culture and whether those characteristics play a material...

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Women are superior to men

SuperWoman1
The_Spice_King

Women are smarter then men and better than men in all aspects of life including sports....

8 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Is the Universal Approach to Human Rights Really Effective?

apoleshchuck
Kira_Belova

My point is that universality of human rights is a goal that can hardly be achieved. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights adopted by the UN General Assembly in 1948 states that human rights are universal as "everyone is entitled to the rights and freedoms set forth in the Declaration without distinction of any kind. . . " I personally fully agree with the fact that all human beings are born equal. However, I doubt that absolute universality of human rights is attainable. What is more...

0 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

Are plus-sized models a new standard for beauty?

PolinaPevko
anastasiya_piskur

In the modern world beauty standards are constantly changing. In the 20th and early 21st centuries the ideal size for a woman's body was 90 - 60 - 90. Years later the attitude towards the female body has changed and at the moment we observe the appearance of plus-size models. In my opinion, These women are really brave and true to themselves, Despite the fact that they were hit by a barrage of criticism and negativity. They are ashamed for the demonstration of the imperfect body. But who exactly...

0 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

Laws against prostitution: is it a violation of the right to work?

yulilasuta
YuliyaKhvisiuk

It comes as no surprise, That the question of prostitution as well as status of sex workers have long been pressing ones. It has stirred a lot of controversies within the society and it seems like we shouldn't be expecting its tackling in the foreseeble future. I personally believe that criminalization of prostitution doesn't eradicate this issue, But on the contrary, Agrravates it. The fact that various aspects of sex work are treated as criminal conduct in many countries means that sex worke...

0 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

Is taboo surrounding menstruation a manifestation of gender inequality?

daria.tachilina
MariaSanguis

It goes without saying that for centuries women have been subject to gender discrimination. And whereas it's undeniable that domestic violence, Gender pay gaps, Sexual harassment, Objectification, Glass ceiling are flagrant violations of women's rights, Not everything is as apparent when it comes to the topic of menstrual health. As we raise awareness of those topical issues, The society begins to talk about them, Share ideas and convictions, And personal experiences, Which can subsequently ef...

0 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago