Cahue572
shneeba

Space isn't real

Cahue572 has forfeited round #3.

Cahue572

Pro

Many times I wonder whether or not space is real or not. I would like to think that the government cannot control what we see at all times, but at the same time, do they really have the power and means to do so? I say that we only see what NASA wants us to see, given that almost all images from "space" are provided by NASA itself. Unless we physically go to space ourselves, we cannot know that space is real. With modern technology, almost any image or video can be fabricated to seem "real" to the point where it cannot be disproved as fake. Many images and videos that we see of "space" are almost undeniably real, but how can we know for sure. I would like to know if anyone else believes that NASA can control what we see and that space is not real.
shneeba

Con

I accept this ridiculous argument of yours. If need be I would gladly expand further in arguing against your moronic claims, but other than accepting your challenge I will simply ask you one question for you to expand further on next round.

If you think space is not real, please explain the MILLIONS of historical and astronomical writings of our night sky and the countless recordings of humans studying our planets and stars long before the existence of NASA.
Cahue572

Pro

Based on your insulting words and demeaning manner, it is apparent to me that you lack the maturity and decency to debate properly, but I will not be acting as you are.

If NASA is controlling what we see now, what makes you think they just now acquired the ability to do so? NASA is powerful, and very smart. They could have been controlling what we see for all of time, as if Earth itself is just a simulation. They can easily control what we see in the sky, especially if space isn't real. They have elaborate maps and systems designed to make us think that space is real, and portray these in the sky to make us believe there is something beyond what we see. NASA could easily manipulate sightings and patterns in the sky to make us believe there is a pattern to what we call "astronomy". People long ago were simply studying what NASA wanted them to study, and NASA itself remained hidden from the public eye.
shneeba

Con

I apologize for my indecency. It is apparent that your contention has just evolved ten-fold. In order to continue this debate I am going to essentially lay out what I believe you are arguing and then give my opinion on it. Obviously correct me if I am wrong, but from what you have said so far, my points below seem entirely accurate.

You award a lot of credit to NASA, a 60 year old agency, in creating fake projections into the sky to deceive our eyes into believing something exists beyond the sky. The sun, for example, I would assume you believe does not actually heat the Earth considering it must be in space in order to exist, and, of course, space does not exist.
What your argument should be really, is that you believe we share this Earth with beings much greater than ourselves, and they have controlled what we see and believe for as long as man has been on Earth. Or you may also believe we are inside a computer simulation which is another argument in it of itself.

You argue that we must go to space in order to know it is real. Many people have gone to space. I have witnessed a space shuttle in Florida myself. Where did they go? Is the video footage of their trip showing them enter the shuttle, leave and return fabricated? Is it possible that the computer simulation we exist in also contains a space as well?

You are arguing with someone who believes the moon landing footage is fake, yet I understand there is undeniable evidence that we have made the journey to the moon, and consequently space. If your true argument here is that we are all prisoners in a simulation then I can understand where you are coming from more, but if you really believe we are all humans, with free will existing together I simply cannot comprehend how you can genuinely argue what we see above us everyday is simply a fake projection created by NASA.
Posted by wreschinskym 5 months ago
wreschinskym
If NASA runs the whole simulation of stars in the night sky, then how did humans see the stars thousands of years ago when technology to make a deception like that didn't exist yet?
Posted by Masterful 6 months ago
Masterful
You can't see your great granddad but you know he existed. You don't always have to see it to know it's true.