Sports Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Association Football (Soccer) is superior to American Football (NFL)

masterdrave
TommyB12

I am arguing that Association Football is the real football, And is not only superior to NFL but is the best sport in the world. I will do so using both statistics and by giving my own emotional thoughts on the matter. Good luck Con. No need to accept the debate in the opening round. Go ahead and present your opening argument....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Hockey is better than soccer

njkjdjs
Unfortunado

1. Games are Too Long A soccer game consists of two 45-minute halves. That"s 90 minutes, Or 50% longer than a hockey game. Then consider that the clock keeps running when the play is stopped, So the soccer referee adds additional time to the game. If the game is tied after 90-plus minutes of play, Then TWO 15-minute overtimes are played. If it is still tied, Then the game goes to a shootout. And if it is tied after that, Then the game goes into sudden death overtime. I guess goals a...

0 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Could a woman play in a Man's Sport?

KevinJara
HueJas

The world champion US women"s soccer team is suing the United States Soccer Federation over gender discrimination, Including pay equity and working conditions. This echoes the stance taken by the U. S. Women"s hockey team who, In 2017, Decided to sit out the International Ice Hockey Federation World Championship in Michigan in protest of the unfair discrimination ranging from pay to equipment to publicity between the sexes in the sport. These protests once again spark the subject of gender inequ...

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 2 Months Ago

Should Performance Enhancing Drugs (Such as Steroids) Be Accepted in Sports?

Sparrer
Marxist_Extension

Doping is an activity completely unacceptable, Athletes who use Steroids, Doping, And other illicit performance-enhancing drugs should be banned from the sport they practice and receive some kind of sanction. The main reason why this kind of drugs are outlawed in professional sports is that they give users an unfair advantage over the rest of the competitors and they violate the spirit of competition. Also, The use of Performance Enhancing Drugs (PEDs) are harmful to the health of the athlet...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 2 Months Ago

Contact sports should be required in school

valentinorrrr
athiestguy

Sports are essential to life, You learn lots of values that help you in every situation on life. Like work in team, Honesty, Integrity, Humility, Enjoyment, Etc....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 3 Months Ago

Contact sports should be required in school.

valentinorrrr
Leaning

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 3 Months Ago

Athletes Pay

XavierOGreiff
1000lifetimes

Athletes should not be paid as much as they are getting paid. The athletes should not get paid millions because they are getting paid to play a game. United States olympic winners do not have to pay taxes according to the "Victory Tax" law. The average athlete makes more than the average worker in a lifetime. Paying athletes threatens the future of sports. Paying athletes diminishes the true meaning of sports. Athletes need to learn what hard work is and not just by playing a game. Why pay athle...

1 Comments
Updated 4 Months Ago

Dude Perfect Soccer

perfectsoccerskills
anc2006

My name is Quincy Amarikwa and I am currently an active professional soccer player in Major League Soccer " for D. C. UNITED. I started this company my with best friend, Teammate and business partner Ross LaBauex, Selling digital soccer training products. https://www. Perfectsoccerskills. Com/...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 5 Months Ago

Athletes Pay

XavierOGreiff
Raffy911

While the highest paid athletes draw more attention, The truth is that most athletes are fairly paid. Plus, We tend to forget that published professional athletes' salaries are gross salaries. In 1950, Athletes started to get paid more than the average worker. US Olympic winners do not have to pay taxes according to the "Victory Tax" law. Through players who are wealthy may not command widespread sympathy, Their union is responsible for ensuring they can access a fair share of the game"s profits...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 5 Months Ago

Is Baseball Easy

Devonkarl44
OleAtTheWheel

Some people say baseball is easy, Well I think not baseball is a very VERY strategic game you are always thinking you are always on your toes. To anybody that thinks baseball is easy should play in a game see how bad they do then tell me if baseball is easy...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 5 Months Ago