Knaveslayer99
Overhead

Stalin was not a Dictator

Knaveslayer99 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Knaveslayer99

Pro

I am clearly Pro to this arguement that Iosif Vissarionovich Dzhugashvili was not a dictator rather he was a democracticly elected man elected by the Bolshevik Party over Trotsky. The notion that he was a murderer who killed everyone because he was paranoid is nothing more then propaganda orginiated from Nazi Germany which somehow has become widely accepted.

[Rounds]
R1 - Acceptence
R2 - Opening Arguments
R3 - Counter Arguments
R4 - Final Statements/Conclusions

Overhead

Con

I accept the debate, good luck.
Posted by TRUMPMAGADONALD 3 years ago
TRUMPMAGADONALD
Is there such thing as a dictator? I mean, every ruler in history ruled only because people allowed him to and listened to him, and his rule was always limited by how far people are ready to go in obeying him. Even if he uses military to force people to listen, then why is military listening to him? You can't have a dictator where group of people willingly listen and obey.

Definition of a dictator which I found on google is:
a ruler with total power over a country

No man has total power. Because if he goes crazy and starts killing anyone on random, people will reject him, fight against him and overthrow him.
It is hard for me to imagine that something like "dictator" can even exist. It's a word made up to specifically discredit and put shame to regimes a person disagrees with. But it's unrealistic.