Cindy00
screenjack

Stop the murder of wolfs

Cindy00

Pro

I am only one person but i have come here to get people to understand why the wolfs need to be protected fro so called human hunters. . People are suppose to work togather but its not happening for the wolfs. . The wolfs have family as we all do. . They mate for life they are very important to the wild life and eco system. . They balance each other. . People are ignorant to thenfact that wolfs are monsters. . Im sorry but no there not its the sais so called humans that are the monsters for haveing open season hunting to kill these beautiful animals of nature. . I will fight with my last breath to bring peace to our wolfs. . They must be declaired endangered to be put back on the endangered spieces act. . Won't you help the wolfs. . It would be most appreciated then you know. .
screenjack

Con

I too have a love for wolves and I can certainly appreciate your concern for wildlife. Now I'm not sure why you refer to hunters as "so called human hunters. " It's not a phrase I'm familiar with but my impression is you meant humane hunters. So there are lots of references for humane hunting practices I'll link one so we have some material to talk over. (1) Now you may only be referring to wolves but the article I linked should show you just how seriously hunters are about ethical shots. The next point you bring up is balance and this is true to an extent. Wolves introduced into Yellowstone were extremely effective for about ten years. Now, The time has come when the Wolves are so numerous that they are wiping out entire herds. (2) I'm not saying their reintroduction was bad but they we're introduced for population control. Now we need to control their population or risk them spiraling out of control. Lastly I'd like to talk about just how much money hunting provides to conservation efforts. The PITTMAN-ROBERTSON ACT was asked for by ammunition manufacturers and shows just how much hunters care about their environment. The act taxes ammunition and gives it directly to conservatories. "This partnership of hunters and sport shooters with the firearms and ammunition industry is by far America's largest contributor to wildlife conservation and public access to our natural resources. "(3) The links are in the comments for some reason I can't post with them in the text.
Cindy00

Pro

Cindy00 forfeited this round.
screenjack

Con

. . We've got more rounds Pls continue on any of them you can.
Cindy00

Pro

Cindy00 forfeited this round.
screenjack

Con

That's fine. Just goes to show who really cares about wolves I guess.
Posted by screenjack 3 years ago
screenjack
The 6 most recent, At least according to what I've read, Have been outside the sanctuary.
Posted by K_Michael_Tolman 3 years ago
K_Michael_Tolman
Wolves have been killed in Yellowstone park.
Posted by screenjack 3 years ago
screenjack
I mean we can but we that wasn't brought up in the comments or by the pro. I was one the one that brought that up in my rebuttal. The killings of those wolves was outside of the sanctuary and a product of their habituation. If you want to talk about those wolves in particular please tell me what rules you would promote for the states that house Yellowstone.
Posted by K_Michael_Tolman 3 years ago
K_Michael_Tolman
We're talking specifically about the gray wolves of Yellowstone National Park, A "wildlife sanctuar[y]. "
Posted by screenjack 3 years ago
screenjack
I mean I don't have problems with killing livestock either. . . . As a matter of fact I think more livestock gets killed every year than wolves. There's also more livestock than wolves. I think we're just talking about how to properly let wild animals live free. Somethings going to kill these wolves whether it be other animals, Us, Or starvation. I think the tag system is appropriate. Look we're kind of stalemating here do you want to talk about a particular place where you think the wolves need extra protection? I mean I'm against killing wolves in wildlife sanctuaries. There's definitely a middle ground to be found.
Posted by K_Michael_Tolman 3 years ago
K_Michael_Tolman
and the statistics for livestock caused injuries is huge.
Posted by K_Michael_Tolman 3 years ago
K_Michael_Tolman
80 wolf attacks have been recorded between 1915 and 2001. Not all of those were deaths. By comparison, Honey bees and livestock such as cows and horses account for roughly twice that amount every YEAR.
Why do we keep these dangerous animals? Because they're profitable.
Posted by screenjack 3 years ago
screenjack
wolves attack people. (https://en. Wikipedia. Org/wiki/List_of_wolf_attacks_in_North_America) That's a list of attacks on people. Nobody is taking unnecessary chances with predatory animals.
Posted by K_Michael_Tolman 3 years ago
K_Michael_Tolman
wolves don't get angry and come after people.
Posted by screenjack 3 years ago
screenjack
Nobody is paying money for tags on a wolf and wasting any part of it. Even if somebody is stupid enough to do such a thing all of that money he paid is going to a conservatory to protect the wolf population. Besides, Nobody wants an angry wolf coming after them.