Wonder13
Anonymous

Students Should not be forced into public speaking

Wonder13

Pro

Students already have a lot of stress in their lives and adding more by giving them a speech to present is cruel especially for those who have glossophobia or anxiety. So if students feel stressed and get anxiety speaking publicly, Why are you forcing them to. Also, Everyone is has their strengths and their weaknesses, And for some people public speaking is their weekness. Why would you force someone to do something that makes them upset. Students may also feel so scared of going to school and anticipating the moment where their teacher assigns them a presentation or speech that they skip school entirely, Even just for one 2-3 min presentation. Which can effect their grades a lot.
In conclusion I think that forcing students into public speaking is a terrible way to teach kids in school.

Con

Students are expected to learn and improve in many fields. Tests stress some people out and cause anxiety. Should they be optional? Homework stresses some out and causes anxiety. Should that be optional? No. I know many who improved at public speaking purely because they had to do it in school. School offers a supportive environment to practice skills you are bad at. Students may skip school because there is a test, Or because they didn't do a project assigned for homework. Their grades may go down due to that as well. Why is public speaking any different? School is a mandatory activity, Not a choice that some are making. Students shouldn't be given the choice to miss out on whatever parts of their education they just don't like. I am writing this as a high school student myself.
Wonder13

Pro

Wonder13 forfeited this round.

Con

So I win?
Wonder13

Pro

Wonder13 forfeited this round.

Con

I wanted to have an actual argument but ok