angrycupcake
Pkb123

Students should not be forced to go to school

angrycupcake has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

angrycupcake

Con

Comment your opinion about that.
Pkb123

Pro

I accept your challenge, Thank you.

Students should not be forced to go to school for one reason. Choice. Every student and every person is an individual human being and controls their own destiny. As it stands (at least in the United States) it is the law that students must go to school. This is a breach of freedom for two fundamental reasons.

A. Unless I have entered into a social contract with the government it has no authority over me, Therefore any laws it imposes on me are null. I have not consented to be governed. To enforce laws onto an someone who has not even consented to be in your society breaches the individual's free will and their own autonomy as a human being.

B. As previously mentioned it violates freewill and more importantly forcing education upon students is a form on legislating morals. It is simply the government's (or oppressor's) opinion that a student should to school. There is nothing inherently unethical or dangerous about not going to school. Therefore, No one should be forced to go to school, For the student should have just as much of say in their life as the enforcers do in their own.
Posted by AumOne 3 years ago
AumOne
Ahh school the best brainwasher for 150 years.
Teaching you everything from unsatisfiable materialistic needs to subconscious thought reform.

Try now! It's free the earlier the better can't let that fresh nonskeptical brain precive reality without our implan. . . Guidence*
Posted by Block19 3 years ago
Block19
@Pkb123
I don't think you understand the concept of a social contract, Because you have indeed accepted one. The fact that you live in a society is proof of this. The reason we must follow local, State, And national government laws is because we are part of those societies. We reap the benefits of such a system, But at the same time forfeit some liberties.
Posted by Pkb123 3 years ago
Pkb123
@Block19 Unless I have formed a social contract with a government it doesn't have authority over me. The social contract is a major founding principle of the Enlightenment and of the U. S. A. I don't need some bureaucrat in Washington dictating to me their version of what is "beneficial. " As long as I'm not harming others then others shouldn't bother me.
Posted by Block19 3 years ago
Block19
@pkb123
I'm sorry you feel that way, But you are wrong. The government absolutely has the right to make laws dictating what its citizens can and cannot do, That is the definition of a government. The definition of a minor is not arbitrary in the eyes of the United States Government, It therefore can not be discriminatory. It is of little consequence what an individual thinks should be legal, Because this country is ruled by the plurality. If someone does not wish to follow the rules laid out by this nation's government, Then they are well within their right to renounce their citizenship legally.
Posted by Pkb123 3 years ago
Pkb123
@Block19 The government's OPINION of what is beneficial is not the same as what an individual may feel is best for them. Education serves as a conduit for the state to indoctrinate. The government doesn't have the authority to tell someone how to live their life, That is their decision. Not to mention the definition of a minor is arbitrary and is used as a way to effectively discriminate based on age.
Posted by Block19 3 years ago
Block19
As a citizen of the united states the government is responsible for your well being and the well being of all other citizens. Since it is a proven fact that a proper education is beneficial to life an individual and by extension the state, It is in the governments best interest to have the most educated populous possible. The government not only has the right to enforce this, It has the responsibility to do so. The consent of the individual is not necessary especially from a minor who's legal guardians have already consented on the minors behalf.
Posted by 32doni32nido32 3 years ago
32doni32nido32
But. . . Students ARE people who are going to school.

Student: a person who is studying at a school or college.
Posted by angrycupcake 3 years ago
angrycupcake
Hhmmm
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
I would like to debate you on this, But to be clear, Is the pro for students being forced?