Our_Boat_is_Right
Sonofcharl

Systemic Racism Does Not Exist in America

Sonofcharl has forfeited round #4.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

Please present your argument in round 1. . . If you are not going to finish rounds and forfeit, Please do not accept. Every debater hates that. Be committed to the debate. I do not think systemic racism exists in America, To clarify. Looking forward to a non-forfeiture great debate!
Sonofcharl

Con

The U. S. A. Is a big Nation. A big Nation with a big system containing a hundred and one sub-systems. Any sub-system can be radically different to another. Notwithstanding the fact that racism is probably naturally inherent anyway. I would suggest that your assertion is incredible naive and far to specific and therefore unsustainable.
Also bear in mind that Racism is a two way street where everything isn't simply black and white and governmental edicts are in no way representative of all of the people all of the time.
Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

What group is showing systemic racism? You gave no examples and what you said was a nothing-burger. Assuming racism is natural is not based off anything, And just an opinion.
Sonofcharl

Con

All Pro has offered thus far is the flimsiest of opinions. . . . . . "I do not think systemic racism exists in America". Which is in fact grammatically incorrect and therefore a counter intuitive statement.
Nonetheless. Where is Pro's evidence for a non- racist society?

1) Check out the S. P. L. Centre.
2) Check out the current U. S. Administration
3) Check out Trump rhetoric.
And then tell me that racism is not systemic in the U. S. A.

Any society depends upon the goodwill of the majority in order to maintain a decent level of social stability and international respectability, Especially the U. S. A the so called leaders of the Free World. But this still hasn't prevented the proliferation of up to 950 hate groups in the U. S. Of which 650 are hate groups directly related to racism.
Undeniably these groups represent a minority of the population. But also undeniably these groups are indicative of an
appreciable level of systemic racism in America.

And quite frankly to any rational thinking outside spectator of the current U. S. Presidency. Donald trump quite clearly has an inherently discriminatory mind set. And this guy is supposedly the leader of the Free World.

And let's not forget that the U. S. A. Is a nation founded on the brutal subjugation of the indigenous people of the "New World".

With regard to inherent racism. What I am referring to is the way in which racial sub-groups and especially minority
sub-groups tend to agglomerate rather than directly integrate into a society. This is true throughout the World and is certainly no different in the U. S. A.
Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

The S. P. L. Center is biased. On the home page, The first thing it claims is that Trump is racist. What about the current administration is racist? What Trump rhetoric is racist? Even if you think trump is racist, That is not systemic, But rather an individual.

"But this still hasn't prevented the proliferation of up to 950 hate groups in the U. S. Of which 650 are hate groups directly related to racism.
appreciable level of systemic racism in America. "
Source please?

"Donald trump quite clearly has an inherently discriminatory mind set. "
How? This is an opinion, And it is not even systemic, Which is the topic being discussed.
Sonofcharl

Con

You've simply repeated everything I've said without any rebuttal or counter evidence.
You've also insinuated that the S. P. L. Centre evidence is biased. Once again without any honest rebuttal or counter evidence.
You have no argument. So I will not continue with this debate.
Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

I gave you evidence and asked questions to your rebuttal. This is what the left does, If they get too triggered or disagree with you because you asked tough questions.

I already made rebuttals, But obviously you did not read them which shows you do not care.

Evidence the SPL is biased- https://mediabiasfactcheck. Com/southern-poverty-law-center/
https://www. Dailywire. Com/news/8967/7-things-you-need-know-about-southern-poverty-law-aaron-bandler

I asked you about unsourced claims you made. "What about the current administration is racist? What Trump rhetoric is racist? Even if you think trump is racist, That is not systemic, But rather an individual. "
You are the one who has not made any response or rebuttal.

I quoted you on a claim you made ""But this still hasn't prevented the proliferation of up to 950 hate groups in the U. S. Of which 650 are hate groups directly related to racism.
I then asked for a source, But you failed to provide one. If you expect me to believe something, I have to have proof it is reliable.

You made claims that Trump is racist. I asked how he is, You failed to say. I said this was an opinion, Which was a response. I also said even if he is racist, It is not systemic but rather an individual. You again failed to respond or rebuttal.

It seems as though you are the one not making rebuttals, Not me. This shows a lack of intelligence on con's part. It also shows he is not reading the debate carefully, Or doesn't care, Or simply knows I'm right and knows he can't prove systemic racism in America.

In conclusion, Con has failed to provide sources or rebuttals on my points, Therefore showing he is not proving that there is systemic racism in America, The topic being discussed.
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 3 years ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
You also wasted my time that I took to type two arguments and rebuttals to your arguments. This is very disrespectful on con's part. He failed to provide any arguments or sources, Probably because he knows I am right.
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 3 years ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
That is your opinion. I was rebutting to your arguments and did it in two straight rounds, But since you know I am right, You forfeited. This is a typical left-wing snowflake.
Posted by Sonofcharl 3 years ago
Sonofcharl
The "Freshman" had nothing to say of any worth. The bulk of their presentation was simply repetition of my argument. There was absolutely no point in continuing the debate.
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 3 years ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
"Look at my African American over here. Look at him. " All he notices is this mans race"
No source, But I think this was during a rally, In which he was showing black people support him.

He literally said not all of them were neo-nazis, And you said he likes neo nazis. Where at all in this quote indicates Trump likes neo-nazis? Again, No source, But I believe this was about Charlettville or whatever it's called.

Kapernick is a son of a b****. It's his opinion, And I agree, Because he is disrespecting the flag about an issue he isn't informed about.

In inner cities comment, You have to realize the "inner" part. He was probably referring to cities like Chicago with very high black on black crime rates. Again, No source.

On the housekeeping comment, Those were allegations, So no reliability to them. Again, No source.
Posted by hopefullycalm 3 years ago
hopefullycalm
Hi I just want to list a couple things on their own might be okay but seem to be a pattern for trump (even though this debate is about systemic racism)

"When Mexico sends its people, They"re not sending their best. They"re not sending you. They"re not sending you. They"re sending people that have lots of problems. "They"re bringing drugs. They"re bringing crime. They"re rapists, And some, I assume, Are good people. "
I acknowledge he does mention that there are some good people, But in reality most are trying to escape conflict

"Look at my African American over here. Look at him. " All he notices is this mans race

"I think there is blame on both sides. "You also had people that were very fine people on both sides. "Not all of those people were neo-Nazis, Believe me. Not all of those people were white supremacists by any stretch. " so neo-Nazi's are fine people and Colin Kaepernic is a "son of a b****"

"Our inner cities, African Americans, Hispanics are living in hell because it"s so dangerous. You walk down the street, You get shot. " This isn't as blatant but he immediately conflates minorities with crime

Trump once referred to a Hispanic Miss Universe as "Miss Housekeeping. "

There are many more but I feel like that's enough for now but if you legitimately rebuke these i'll drop more
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 3 years ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
None of those are reliable. The shithole country remark was denied by Trump, And democrats in the meeting ccused him of it, While republicans denied. So, No reliability. Even if he did, He was probably talking about the condition of the country, Not race. In his tweet he claimed all he said was that Haiti was a "poor and troubled country. "

Most of the accusations involving Trump and hotel employees and black people are made by just one person, So it is not conclusively reliable. Black unemployment rates are at record highs, So why would he cause that?
Posted by missmedic 3 years ago
missmedic
Make America white again. "Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here? " Trump has been accused of racism by former employees, Protesters, Committee members, And he has also been the subject of legal action involving anti-discrimination laws. I think the man is a bigot.
USA Today; 5 other times President Trump's remarks sparked controversy over race.
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 3 years ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
Quotes and sources only please for racist Trump comments!
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 3 years ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
That is not systemic. Bullying is not systemic. A institutional group is not being racist. Because more white people bully does not mean systemic. I don't bully, Which means i'm not a part of the group. Whites also make up a large majority of the population.

Trump is not racist. Name me one thing he said or did that is racist.
Posted by anti_ethnocentric 3 years ago
anti_ethnocentric
Racism is a Systemic disease. So yes is alive and well in America *** North, Central and South to be exact.