blaisemac
catdog33233

TH would make all Canadian Public schools secular

blaisemac

Con

I would like to start this motion by explaining what I mean by secular:

Secular in this case is the institution and not the staff and students.

In our society religion is less and less pro dominant. We need to bring back the value of Canada which were raised with Christianity and the rituals of this religion. This religion is in our culture and it is slowly leaving our society. The large amount of immigrants in our country are making it hard to keep our value because we need to accommodate all the other peoples cultures, Especially in school. This is not have we should work. We should have most of our school Christian because a large majority practices this religion. Also it would help these immigrants integrate in our society by just understanding our values.

It would also be completely erasing our past. We would need to change the schools names. To a secular name that doesn't represent any religion what so ever. We would take away our history to accommodate the present which is NOT what we need in our society.

So proud to Oppose.
catdog33233

Pro

Your main point is that religion is our past?
We also have the first nations people as our past, They lived here until we came. So our "past" would also have to include those people which i am certain you will not agree with other then to rebuttal my point.

If you make schools secular people are still not going to change their beliefs, It just makes Canada seem less welcoming. I also don't see how christian culture is fading as %33 of the world believes in it.

I would like to quote you in saying "we need to accommodate all the other peoples cultures, Especially in school. ". Accommodate? Is math and literacy not christian teachings(Idk tell me I'm a atheist)? There are also christian schools in Canada that do not at all "accommodate".

You also say "We should have most of our school Christian because a large majority practices this religion" which means nothing as a point. Just because people do it, Doesn't mean its right.

"Our values"? You say it if all non-immigrants are christian but %13 of Canada is non-immigrant and atheist. Large majority and less pro dominant are both in your debate? I can also use this definition to say that it is not a "large majority". "Vast majority - means almost all or something like 90% or more, But less than unanimous. Overwhelming majority - means well beyond any hope of finding enough who are swayable to take the opposite case or something like 75% or more. ".

Thank you blaisemac for taking time to debate. This is also my first debate so if i'm doing something wrong please tell me.
blaisemac

Con

blaisemac forfeited this round.
catdog33233

Pro

Hmm you seem to have very good rebuttels
blaisemac

Con

blaisemac forfeited this round.
catdog33233

Pro

WHA WOW THATS a great rebuttel
blaisemac

Con

blaisemac forfeited this round.
catdog33233

Pro

catdog33233 forfeited this round.
Posted by Block19 3 years ago
Block19
I am thinking about taking up the debate because i do not see a problem with public schools being secular since Christian private schools are always an option for parents to enroll their children in. However since i have a very limited understanding of Canada and its public educational system, I am worried that my argument will not be as accurate as someone more familiar with the topic. If this was a debate about secular public education in general, Then i might be more inclined.