TheoEkman
noobdebatr123

Taxation is theft, change my mind.

noobdebatr123 has forfeited round #2.
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

TheoEkman

Pro

I believe that taxation is theft, I challenge anyone to change my mind.

I'm not arguing that taxation is unnecessary, I'm only arguing that it is theft, and should be minimized because of it.
noobdebatr123

Con

Taxation? Theft? How preposterous! My, you peasants think it is theft!
Well, without your money, I wouldn't be so rich. You think that I am a thief! THIEF! Ha, you peasants really need to step up your accusations.

Anyway, taxes are good because they allow my fellow rich people to profit off of you and fund military, parks, schools, education, and all that poopity poop doo.
TheoEkman

Pro

Well, I think that CON is trolling, but I'm going to answer anyway. Your first sentences made no sense what so ever, not going to comment.

"taxes are good because they allow my fellow rich people to profit off of you and fund military, parks, schools, education"
This has nothing to do with the argument, we are arguing about if taxation is theft or not. Even if taxation would be necessary for schools and parks, it would still not deny the fact of it being theft.

The definition of steal or stealing is to take (the property of another or others) without permission or right, especially secretly or by force. This is exactly what the government is doing.
(http://www.dictionary.com...)

As I said, I do agree that some of the money is well spent. But the "Its needed" argument is irrelevant. If I would need a new chair for example, does ikea have the right to come to my house and force me into buying their chair and put me in prison if I resist? Most people would say no, even if the chair is needed.
Posted by TheoEkman 3 years ago
TheoEkman
Masterful, if I would not want to pay tax at all? give me an example of a country where I don't have to pay tax.
Posted by TheoEkman 3 years ago
TheoEkman
I never said that it is unnecessary, I only said that it is theft. I'm not implying that we should have 0% tax. I'm only implying that we need to lower it because of it being by definition theft.
Posted by Masterful 3 years ago
Masterful
It's not theft. You don't have to live in your country.
Posted by Murphy_The_Blobfish 3 years ago
Murphy_The_Blobfish
Theo, I see your point. But if one of the governments main source of money stops don't you think we may fall into a financial crisis, similar to the one 5 decades ago? The government may take your money but they can do much more with it. Can we fight terrorism, protect the environment, or caring for the elderly? Us humans by ourselves cannot do much, but the government having much more power than us can do many more things that can help the nation better than we can. In summary, taxes SHOULD be allowed but I would appreciate if they modified it a little.