Our_Boat_is_Right
AIRhino

Taxes Should Not be Raised on the Rich: Change my Mind

Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

Taxes should not be raised on the rich because they worked hard and eaarned that money, And because they work harder and earn THEIR money and are rich does not mean government should steal more from them than anybody else,
NOTE: You do not have to change my mind to win the debate. Voters choose the winner on a 7 point system, And who they think made the best arguments, Regardless of whether my mind was changed or not.
NOTE: DO NOT ACCEPT THIS DEBATE IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE OFFLINE FREQUENTLY. I WANT COMMITTED DEBATERS ONLY. NO FORFEITS.

Copy and paste
AIRhino

Con

That isn't necessarily true. What if you have super rich celebrity children who didn't work at all for their money? And by the way, Poor work harder than rich in a lot of cases. I believe that the government should take a percentage off of your income. Not a flat amount. I think that we should take a proportional amount of money from the poor and the rich, Even if that means the rich lose more.
Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

"What if you have super rich celebrity children who didn't work at all for their money? "
Please clarify. I assume this would mean child actors, Who are very talented for what they do, And get paid accordingly for their effort and time.

"And by the way, Poor work harder than rich in a lot of cases. "
Can you give examples?

"I believe that the government should take a percentage off of your income. Not a flat amount. I think that we should take a proportional amount of money from the poor and the rich, Even if that means the rich lose more. "
Rich are what keep the economy going. Especially business owners. They hire more and more employees and grow their business, Helping the economy and jobs. If money is taken away from what they earned, They can't thrive their businesses.

Ok, Now finally starting arguments.
AIRhino

Con

AIRhino forfeited this round.
Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

Well this is odd
Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

Are you gonna post your argument?
AIRhino

Con

"Please clarify. I assume this would mean child actors, Who are very talented for what they do, And get paid accordingly for their effort and time. "
No, I mean the children of celebrities who are rich because their parents are rich. These kids will often have more money than some other celebrities and they have never worked before.

"Can you give examples? "
My brother in law goes to work for about 10 hours a day everyday. I believe he said he hasn't had a day off in 7 months. He goes and renovates houses and works on a bunch of other stuff for different people. He's kind of a handyman. He works and works and works so hard and he has like nothing to show for it. Main reason I know what he does is because I've went to work with him on these houses. He can pay for him and my sister and his kids, But they aren't financially "well off" in the slightest, Where a programmer can go and type on a keyboard and make double his money. That's my main example of that.

"Rich are what keep the economy going. Especially business owners. They hire more and more employees and grow their business, Helping the economy and jobs. If money is taken away from what they earned, They can't thrive their businesses. "

The rich isn't more important than the poor in the economy nor vice versa. Each plays its own role in economic "peace" per se. And I'm saying a proportionally even amount of money should be taken from everyone, Not a bigger percentage from the rich, That isn't fair. Apologies for the issues in posting my debate.
Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

1. If children are rich because of their parents, They are not legally obliged to jobs, So therefore they would inherit money or be spoiled, But they don't have a job themselves.

2. Different jobs and different companies give different pay. All industries get different pay, And it all depends on demand of the job, And how much the employer pays. For example, Renovators and construction is probably more common than programming computers and tech and stuff like that.

3. The rich are the ones who can get more money, Therefore being able to use that money to pay more and expand jobs to people. With more money, The rich and business owners are able to make more jobs for more Americans.

"And I'm saying a proportionally even amount of money should be taken from everyone, Not a bigger percentage from the rich, That isn't fair. "

So your saying everyone should be taken away the same percentage of money and not a bigger percentage from the rich? That's sort of what you were trying to argue against. I am for this.
AIRhino

Con

I'm saying, Don't take a flat amount of money from everybody. For example, Don't take 10 grand from someone with 100 grand, And take 10 grand from someone with 100 million too. Take 10 percent of the 100 grand person's money, But take 10 percent of the guy with 100 million dollars too. The guy with 100 mil will lose more money than 100 grand, But he has more money.
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 3 years ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
@meatros I agreed with con and he misunderstood my position. Why would vote either way on this debate?
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 3 years ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
Can you vote on some of my debates? Thanks.
Posted by AIRhino 3 years ago
AIRhino
Oh, Okay. Sorry for my misunderstanding
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 3 years ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
No, I am for it. My title was saying that they should not be taxed more than they already are.
Posted by AIRhino 3 years ago
AIRhino
Yes, I thought you meant, Everyone should be taxed for the same flat amount. The richer are going to lose more through the percentage method, So I thought you were against that.
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 3 years ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
So you agree with me then
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 3 years ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
Your last argument is exactly what I was trying to say. . .
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 3 years ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
For a second your arguments disappeared and I couldn't post an argument, But now thankfully everything is back in tact.
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 3 years ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
ok, That was so weird
Posted by zhaod1 3 years ago
zhaod1
Just a slightly progressive tax wouldn't make much of a difference in discouraging hard work.
I agree that bad things should be more heavily taxed, But of course proponents of bad things would effectively block efforts to tax bad things more.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 3 years ago
dsjpk5
Our_Boat_is_RightAIRhinoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Countering meatro's bad vote.
Vote Placed by Meatros 3 years ago
Meatros
Our_Boat_is_RightAIRhinoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro didn't really seem to understand Con's counter (Celebrity/inheritance) and also just assumed his case.