FanboyMctroll
AIRhino

The 2'nd amendment needs to be abolished, Here is why

FanboyMctroll has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

FanboyMctroll

Pro

There are way too many senseless killings in the USA because of guns. We do not live in the wild west anymore, There is no wild posse riding into town against one sheriff, There are no scalping Indians, We have modern police enforcement, SWAT, State Police, Local police, ATF, FBI, US Marshalls, WE DO NOT NEED GUNS. They just end up in the hands of criminals, Mentally ill who go on to mow down half a school, Or some lone wolf terrorist who decides to machine down a night club, Mall, Movie theater, Or the disgruntled fired employee who returns and goes postal at work.

Get rid of the guns and the shooting will go down. I am going to present irrefutable evidence that shows that guns are bad and the second amendment needs to be abolished to stop the gun violence in the country of the gun
AIRhino

Con

You finally decided to take this 15 year old up on a debate. We do have SWAT, State Police, Local police, ATF, FBI, And US Marshalls. We do. The citizens who conceal carry in this country don't enforce the laws. They protect themselves. In 2016, Roughly 11 thousand people died to criminal use of guns. I don't have statistics from the same year, But nearly every national estimate states that anywhere from 500 thousand to 3 million lives are saved by concealed carriers in the US each year. Of course thorough background checks are necessary, But the outright ban of guns is foolish. You can make guns illegal, But crack is illegal and people still find a way around that. Cannabis is illegal, And people still find a way to get that. Prostitution is illegal, But people still do that. Moral of the story is, Regardless of whether guns are legal or not, People will get them. And with no citizens to defend against that, More innocent people will die at the hands of criminals with guns. You may say, "guns kill innocent people". Saying that guns kill people is like me blaming my pencil for failing my math test. It's all about the person carrying the gun.
Posted by asta 3 years ago
asta
Post your round 2 argument in round 2.
Posted by FanboyMctroll 3 years ago
FanboyMctroll
There is more to my round 2 debate, But now I'm getting errors trying to post it in the comments

I give up

DDO blows
Posted by FanboyMctroll 3 years ago
FanboyMctroll
sorry I had to post my second round debate in the comments section because it just won't let m post it in the round.
Posted by FanboyMctroll 3 years ago
FanboyMctroll
I would like to thank my opponent for accepting this debate. So lets get down to the hard facts, That will make an average citizen cringe as they have been fed NRA propaganda by the same organization that made more money than Hollywood entertainment in the last year. 28 billion dollars, Yes, The government was paid 6 billion in taxes from the NRA. So lets get down to the real stats.

All those wives tales you were told and all those misconceptions about guns for protection, Well they are all FAKE NEWS, Here are the hard facts,

The United States has the most heavily armed civilian population in the First World; our homes contain enough firearms for every man, Woman and child.

Why do so many Americans own guns? The main reason, According to surveys, Is protection. Advocates argue that guns in the home both deter crime (criminals refrain from even trying to break in because they fear being shot by an armed citizen) and thwart it (an armed citizen can stop a crime in progress, Preventing injury or theft).

The scientific evidence, However, Provides little support for these arguments. Quite the opposite.

In terms of deterrence, A recent study found that states with higher levels of household gun ownership have higher levels of firearm crime and do not have lower levels of other types of crime.

Another study, In 2003, Found that counties with higher levels of household gun ownership have higher rates of household burglary, Not lower. Burglars like to steal not only cash and jewelry but also guns. A homeowner with a collection of firearms may not want to advertise that fact.

As for thwarting crime, Gun advocates claim that guns are commonly used in self-defense, And that without a firearm, One is essentially at the mercy of a criminal. Yet, Again, That is not what the data show.

The National Crime Victimization Survey is the primary source of information on the nature and extent of criminal victimization in the United States. Some 90, 000 households, C
Posted by FanboyMctroll 3 years ago
FanboyMctroll
Guys, I know you are all really paranoid and think you need guns, But If I ever get this stupid DDO to accept my second round post, I will show you stats showing you don't need guns

I just need DDO to work and not give me the "OOOPS something went wrong message"
Posted by dustryder 3 years ago
dustryder
With the baseball bat that you keep under the bed in lieu of a gun. . .
Posted by Debating_Horse 3 years ago
Debating_Horse
Oh gee! A masked intruder comes into my house with a large cutting knife! I have called 911 and they have said the officers would be right around the corner, But the intruder has already entered my room, And I have NOTHING to protect myself with.

What will happen next?

[A] The masked intruder stabs me to death

[B] I let out a high-pitched feminine scream

[C] I try and fight but my attempts are not affective

With choice [A], I am brutally murdered in my own room, And the police arrive four minutes later after my death, And my killer's flees to never be found. With choice [B], I let out a high-pitched feminine scream, Before I am repeatedly stabbed. With the last choice, I try and fight, But I do not succeed and I end up killed. The similarities between all the choices? I am still killed, Regardless of the actions I make. Now what if you're a father with 2 to 3 children and this same intruder comes into the house with the same intent on killing the inhabitants? And the police still not being fast enough to reach the house in time? How shall you defend your family being that guns are banned?