danes8
AIRhino

The Abortion Debate

danes8

Pro

This debate will be about abortion.
Pro is for abortion.
Con is against abortion.

Abortion is the act of removing a fetus before it's born through a surgical procedure or through a pill.

I am pro-contraception.
I am against crisis pregnancy centers.
I am pro-Planned Parenthood.

I will argue that a fetus isn't a fully developed life, Therefore it doesn't deserve the same rights that a fully developed life deserves.

I believe that life is a philosophical concept, Not a scientific, Unlike pregnancy or conception.

I will argue this debate using examples and logical thinking, Mostly not scientific evidence.
AIRhino

Con

I am Pro-contraception, Pro-crisis pregnancy centers, Against planned parenthood.

"I will argue that a fetus isn't a fully developed life, Therefore it doesn't deserve the same rights that a fully developed life deserves. "

I ask you then, If a fetus isn't a fully developed life, When does it become a fully developed life? 8 weeks? 12 weeks? 22 weeks? 28? All the way up until it is born? And before you make the viability argument, Let me say that not only is the time of viability going down as science advances, But in other countries, Viability might not come until much later in the pregnancy than it does in third world countries. Is a life more valuable here because of our technology than one in third world countries?

"I believe that life is a philosophical concept, Not a scientific, Unlike pregnancy or conception. "

So you're conceding that pregnancy and conception is scientific, So as far as a fetus being conceived goes, It does come down to a science?

"I will argue this debate using examples and logical thinking. Mostly not scientific evidence. "

Best of luck to you. :D
danes8

Pro

This is a test. Will this post?
danes8

Pro

Today"s amazing technology allows us to freeze zygotes for later use. Imagine you are in a hospital. Left of you, You see a freezer with 10 frozen zygotes. You know this. On your right, You see a single baby that you don"t know. You know the hospital will soon explode and you can save only one: the freezer or the baby. Instinctively, You will save the baby, But using the logic that life begins at conception and a zygote is the product of conception, You just chose one life over ten. The news would be reporting you as a hero, But in your reality, You would have just saved one life instead of ten. Why? I argue because, In reality, You believe that the baby is an actual, Fully developed life, But the zygotes were just potential lives or not fully developed lives, Not equal to a fully formed baby.

Also, Many pro-life scary stories that often go around are mostly myths like abortion leads to depression and suicide, Abortion causes cancer, Abortion reduces fertility, Abortions are very dangerous surgical procedures, When the majority of abortions happen (91. 5% of abortions were performed at X04;13 weeks" gestation according to the CDC), The fetus can feel pain (fetus starts feeling pain only after around 26 weeks and states can ban abortion after 24 weeks), And finally: reducing access to abortion decreases demand for abortion. This is simply untrue and all of the myths are quite simply disproven in this great article by scientist David Robert Grimes:
https://www. Theguardian. Com/science/blog/2015/aug/12/five-main-anti-abortion-arguments-examined
CDC Statistic: https://www. Cdc. Gov/reproductivehealth/data_stats/index. Htm

In fact, The same article states that "A 2012 Lancet study found that regions with restricted abortion access have higher rates [of abortions] than more liberal areas, And restricted regions had a much higher incidence of unsafe abortion. "

In other words, Abortions are generally very safe procedures, But when they are banned, Abortions still happen, But in unsafe conditions resulting in a more dangerous procedure.

My solution to lower abortion rates to almost 0? More Planned Parenthood like health care providers that provide everything Planned Parenthood provides, Except abortions. These would offer free contraception, Education, And STD and cancer screening.

An MSNBC article says that there may be a direct link between the rise in contraception use and fall in abortions, Therefore more contraception providing health care providers would most likely lower abortion rates even further.
http://www. Msnbc. Com/rachel-maddow-show/contraception-helps-lower-us-abortion-rate
AIRhino

Con

"Today"s amazing technology allows us to freeze zygotes for later use. Imagine you are in a hospital. Left of you, You see a freezer with 10 frozen zygotes. You know this. On your right, You see a single baby that you don"t know. You know the hospital will soon explode and you can save only one: the freezer or the baby. Instinctively, You will save the baby, But using the logic that life begins at conception and a zygote is the product of conception, You just chose one life over ten. The news would be reporting you as a hero, But in your reality, You would have just saved one life instead of ten. Why? I argue because, In reality, You believe that the baby is an actual, Fully developed life, But the zygotes were just potential lives or not fully developed lives, Not equal to a fully formed baby. "

While I would save the fully formed baby, It is not because it is the logically correct choice. It's because your body tells you to morally. And just because a decision is a moral one, Doesn't mean that it is the correct one. Take this example. You are in the same situation, But instead of ten viable zygotes, It is 10 fully formed babies. Instead of the one random child, It is your own child. Your moral judgement tells you to save your own kid, While the logically correct choice is to save the 10. This is an example of your morals misguiding you as far as logic goes. Also, I do care about the "fully formed" life more morally, But that is why I believe when the mother's life is in danger that it should be an option. Because that is not abortion, That is her getting whatever treatment she needs, And the byproduct of that is the baby's death. But in the case where both can stay alive, I'd like it to be that way, Regardless of circumstances.

"In fact, The same article states that "A 2012 Lancet study found that regions with restricted abortion access have higher rates [of abortions] than more liberal areas, And restricted regions had a much higher incidence of unsafe abortion. ""

And I would assume those people go to jail. I think they should here if it was illegal.

"In other words, Abortions are generally very safe procedures, But when they are banned, Abortions still happen, But in unsafe conditions resulting in a more dangerous procedure. "

Shows how badly people want to kill babies. If it is illegal, Those people should go to jail. Don't do anything illegal.

"My solution to lower abortion rates to almost 0? More Planned Parenthood like health care providers that provide everything Planned Parenthood provides, Except abortions. These would offer free contraception, Education, And STD and cancer screening. "

So you ARE against abortion?

"An MSNBC article says that there may be a direct link between the rise in contraception use and fall in abortions, Therefore more contraception providing health care providers would most likely lower abortion rates even further.
http://www. Msnbc. Com/rachel-maddow-show/contraception-helps-lower-us-abortion-rate"

Contraceptives are already extremely accessible, You can go down to your local pharmacy and buy a pack of condoms for 12 bucks. I said this a lot in my previous debate. Whether you like it or not, It is extremely easy to avoid pregnancy. The people who "accidentally" get pregnant, Decided to have sex without protection. You might bring up the rape cases. Me and you must agree that all other abortions are bad before we talk about that. Otherwise it's just an excuse to bring those up to make them all okay.

What makes a baby "alive" in your eyes? If it is not alive from conception, When is it?
danes8

Pro

danes8 forfeited this round.
Posted by danes8 3 years ago
danes8
sure, Do you know of any?
Posted by AIRhino 3 years ago
AIRhino
Would you like to continue this debate on a different platform?
Posted by danes8 3 years ago
danes8
im done with debate. Org, Thank you for being such a great opponent.

i am not quitting because i don't have an argument, I do, But i am tired of debate. Org b*llshit.

goodbye
Posted by danes8 3 years ago
danes8
it's doing it again. Im tired of debate. Org. This platform really does suck.
Posted by AIRhino 3 years ago
AIRhino
It does, I had an opponent copy paste a whole article from a news website for my last debate on this topic. Lol.
Posted by AIRhino 3 years ago
AIRhino
I apologize, I ignored your second paragraph in your round 3 of debate, I didn't say that making abortion illegal would decrease it's demand. It decreases its supply. Due to criminal prosecution, There will be consequences for killing babies. Maybe people will suck it up and give it up for adoption if they don't want it. Don't have unprotected sex if you don't want pregnancy. End of story.
Posted by danes8 3 years ago
danes8
I think I know what happened. I was writing all argument in google docs and pasting them in, And it seems to me that debate. Org doesn't allow large amounts of text pasted in.
Posted by danes8 3 years ago
danes8
you are right, It's not working
Posted by AIRhino 3 years ago
AIRhino
Dude, It's doing it again :(
Posted by John_C_1812 3 years ago
John_C_1812
The end result is we are still made a witness that is being asked to participate in an admission of guilt with the use of the wording Abortion. The legal objection is to be based on self-incrimination that is turned lose on the public. Roe vs. Wade describes a loss of privacy made by the admission. Female specific amputation is just a direct reinstitution of privacy by way of removing a self-incrimination to crime as a person who is not asked but told to be a witness also has choice.